Pancakes?

After the visit with his mother, the following week seemed to drag by because Harry started having trouble sleeping.

It was the worst on Wednesday night, when he didn't sleep at all yet managed to make a shoot the next day and avoid any comments about his tired appearance.

Here he was late Thursday, laying in his bed staring up at the ceiling.

He certainly felt tired, but his mind wasn't ready to sleep yet.

Harry stared forward into the darkness, starting to wonder what his party would be like.

He didn't care as much about that, but more about what he was going to wear to this party.

Part of him wanted to go ahead and figure it out since he wasn't doing anything else productive, but he couldn't make himself get out of his warm bed.

He sighed heavily, propping up onto his elbow and turning his bedside lamp on.

In his nightstand drawer were questionably dated sleeping pills from...darker times that he felt were his last resort.

Harry hated laying in a dark and quiet room, just waiting for his memories and worries to consume him.

He took a couple of the pills with a swallow of water from the half empty bottle near his bed.

Harry put them away, turning his light back off and getting comfortable.

It seemed to take way too long, but eventually Harry was able to fall asleep.

Only to be rushed directly into an extremely vivid dream.

At first Harry could only seem to catch glimpses of what looked like the inside of a large house.

The stairs, then a bit of the hallway, into a bedroom.

It looked exactly like his childhood bedroom, but tucked away upstairs in this strange house.

Walking in it looked like he had just come in after getting home from school at fourteen.

It was all so clear, and seemed so real to Harry.

He walked slowly through his old room, smiling and looking over all of his things.

He found himself at the closet again, opening it to find nothing but leather jackets on the hangers.

The same one, probably fifteen of them.

Harry felt himself grow confused, the light in the room flickering.

He suddenly turned around to see a strange glow coming from his mirror.

His feet seemed to take him over to it on their own, Harry starting to feel cloudy headed.

However as he stepped in front of the mirror and saw a reflection that wasn't his own, things cleared up pretty quick.

Instead of himself, or even his fourteen year old self, Harry saw Zayn.

It managed to shock him so much next thing he knew he was trying to catch his breath and staring at his alarm clock.

It was almost six in the morning, Harry rolling his eyes and sitting up.

It felt like he'd been asleep maybe five minutes.

After he steadied his breathing, Harry's growling stomach was the next thing to catch his attention.

He didn't have to think long before he realized exactly what he wanted.

Pancakes.

X
X
X