Prompt 2

"Ah, what a nerd" Ezikiel mumbled, plopping down on the patchy grass. This is his second time coming here this week, which is unusual, because he usually only comes once a week. Sometimes when he's here, he talks, other times he just sits and thinks, and other times, like today, he reads the words on the grave for the one hundreth time:

"GAME OVER. CONTINUE?" Accompanied by a little slot for coins

Ezikiel sighed and shoved his hand in his pocket, pushing past different wrappers to find a quarter buried within. 'This is stupid' he thought 'Why am I doing this, anyway?' he pushed the quarter in, anyway. And as expected, nothing happened.

At first.

Then, a thunderous sound erupted from the grave as the words twisted and changed into:

"CONTINUING FROM LAST SAVE"

Before Ezikiel could react; a hand shot out of the grass under the grave. The fingers wiggled, as if asking for help. Ezikiel hesitated then grabbed the hand and pulled it. It took a little strength, but the body connected to the hand soon was revealed.

Ezikiel couldn't believe his eyes.
It can't be.
But he's right here?
"Cooper?" Ezikiel questioned with a detectable amount of uncertainty. Cooper nodded; while coughing up dirt. "Oh, 'ell what time is it?" Ezikiel said while pulling out his phone quickly. 6:55. The graveyard closes in 5 minutes. "Oh, come with me" he said grabbing Cooper's hand and pulling him towards the car.

In the car Ezikiel noticed something he hadn't before, Cooper was absolutely filthy. Though, that's to be expected when you've popped out of the dirt of your own grave.

"Okay, uhm-" Ezikiel said just loud enough to hear while closing the front door of the house. "You definitely need a shower so uh-" He turned to face Cooper "Go upstairs, get some clothes from your room, and I'll get a rag and a towel for you." He finished

Cooper nodded in response and headed up stairs. As soon as he was halfway up the stairs, Ezikiel went into the laundry room, grabbed a rag and a towel, and strided into the bathroom. He set the linens onto the sink and proceeded to plop onto the couch, and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

"Ugh, f**k."  Ezikiel mumbled, waking up. He sat up and rolled his neck. He immediately picked up his phone and looked at the time. 10:38. He sighed and laid back, with his eyes closed, stretching out all the way. What he didn't expect, was his head to land on somebody's lap. His eyes immediately flew open.

"Oh, hello." Ezikiel said meeting eyes with Cooper. "Have you been here the entire time?" Cooper nodded in response. "Oh," Ezikiel started "you should've woken me up, dude" Cooper shook his head. "No?" Ezikiel chuckled and paused "Thanks I guess" he smiled.

There was a awkward pause, the only noise came from the TV. Something about a Ninja blender.

"Do you know how long it's been?" Ezikiel said trying to break the silence. "Like, a month." He added, not waiting for an awnser. "You can ask Sam, I've been an absolute disaster." He laughed sadly. "Oh, uh, I'm sorry you're probably still trying to process everything. I mean, it's not every day you come back to life. heh-" He continued, rambling.

They subconsciously interlocked hands.

"Y'know, if you want to go to bed in a like, actual real life bed, you can" There was no reply, just another awkward pause. This time, there was an ad about some weight watching thing.

"You're...awfully quiet." Ezikiel commented "Usually, we can't get you to shut up!" He joked. He looked up at Cooper, who averted eye contact.

"Hey, are you okay?" His smile dropped. Cooper opened his mouth as if to find the words to say, but...nothing.

A silence and then:

"I'm sorry." Cooper said in almost a whisper.

"What?" Ezikiel questioned. He sat up slowly and their hands adjusted to the new position.

"I'm sorry" Cooper said in the same tone "for leaving, for-for being so reckless, for making you cry, I'm-" He was interrupted by a tight embrace.

"Don't." Ezikiel said, cutting him off. "It was my fault for not being there to save you." It was obviously still hard for him to talk about the subject, even with him here now.

"No." Was all Cooper could muster. A small, and in his opinion, useless 'no'.

"C'mon" Ezikiel lifted Cooper up bridal style and started walking towards the bedroom. "Let's go to bed, we'll talk all about this in the morning. Okay?" Cooper nodded.

And so they went to bed, hoping it wasn't all just some silly dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Yo, thanks for reading this bs ;)
I might not post prompt 1 cuz it's short & stinky
Thank 4 read tho ;))