Mournful

I get up after realizing Rick wasn't in bed. I get dressed and walk out of the cell. I greet a few people as I walk around. I couldn't find Rick or Carl anywhere. I got outside and looked at my watch. It was 8:56. I had to help clear walkers at nine. I grab a sharp stick and start walking down the hill to the fence where everyone else that had the job at nine were. I start stabbing walkers in the head. We keep getting more walkers every night.

I look up as I hear screaming and gun shots from the prison. I drop the stick and take my gun out. I start running. One I got to cell block D I couldn't believe my eyes. There were walkers. The walkers were our people. There was blood everywhere.

I shoot a few walkers saving a few people. I then see Daryl scoop up a kid as he ran by bashing a walkers head. I ran out of ammunition and grabbed my knife. I stabbed a few and escorted people outside to safety. I finally saw Rick. He was helping everyone with us. I haven't seen min all morning.

"How did this happen?" I yell over the gun shots.

"I have no idea!" Rick responded. I stabbed a walker in the head.

Soon all the walkers were cleared. We walked around examining everything trying to figure out what started this.

After a couple of hours of looking we saw struggle in the washroom. I heard a few people cough. "Didn't Patrick say he was feeling sick?" I ask remembering Patrick leaving because he wasn't pfeel well. "We did find his body as a walker."

Someone collapsed as they cough. Hershel rushes in to help them. I then decide to help clean the blood and sanitize the cell block as people took the bodies to burry.

I get up and join the conversation that Hershel, Rick, Maggie, Michonne, Daryl, and Glenn are having. They are setting up a whole cell block for the sick people. More and more people were getting sick.

•••

We get everything cleared and everyone that was getting sick in a cell block. I wanted to help, Hershel could teach me and I could help him but Rick doesn't want me in there. We walk outside and Carl runs into Ricks arms. Rick tried to stop him because he has been with the people who are sick. Hershel didn't want Maggie or Beth to go in there with him.

I watched as Rick told Carl the plan about all the sick people and how Beth and Judith are going to stay in the opposite side of the prison. Carl didn't want to go with them but we needed him to be safe. We already have too many people that are getting sick too fast.

I walked in where the door was to the opening to the Cell block was. I knocked on the window and got Hershel's attention. "Can I help? We only have two doctors." I said quietly so no one could hear me.

"No Rick would freak out. We got it." Hershel said with a small smile.

I sighed and smiled "good luck."

I walked out to find Rick coming through the door. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I wanted to help. I answered.

"No I can't let you do that."

"Why, why can't I help people." I said with a little anger.

"Because I don't want to lose you." He raised his voice.

"Lose me?" I scoffed. "Why are you going in there huh? What if I lose you? We are going to lose more and more people without the help of other people." I stormed out the door passed him not saying a word.

•••

The sun was going down when I walked in an empty cell block. Everyone that lived in here is sick or already died. We have lost so many people
I'm the past twelve hours. But Hershel has the rest under control. I took a deep breath and sat on one of the folded chairs that were out. It was quiet and peaceful.

"Hey there doll." I heard a raspy voice from behind me. I turned my head to see Merle.

"Why the long face?" He said while raising his metal hand.

"Just everything that happened with the sick people." I responded.

"Look, I need some advise. Andrea and I have been gettin' closer if ya know what I mean." He chuckled.
I looked at him and he had a cheesy grin across his face. "Yeah and?"

"Well how would I make a move. You know her more than I do." He said.

I told him everything and gave him a good luck. He looked pretty confident. I got up and left. It was pretty dark. I grabbed an apple and went to my cell. Rick wasn't there. I put the apple down beside the bed and went to go look for him. I walked around all the cell blocks and then went outside. I saw him looking up at the stars.

I walked over to him. He looked down at me without a word. I then hugged him and started crying. He immediately took the hug back excepting my cries. "Come on Angel lets go to bed." I nodded while sniffling. I needed that hug and I needed to let it all out. We walked back to our cell. He got in bed first and then made room for me. I got in as he held me close. "It's okay." He whispers.

"What if we get sick?" I asked while turning my head to look at him. "Don't worry about it Angel." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Rick kissed my shoulder and up on my neck, jaw, then to my cheek. I felt safe now. As safe as I'll ever feel.
In his arms.

(Edited)