Chapter 5: The First Hunt

Peter POV-

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 walk out of her tent. She was almost unrecognizable, yet her unmistakable, haunting beauty was still ever present. I knew she had no choice but to change into the clothing I provided her, yet I'm still pleasantly surprised she submitted and actually wore them so soon in the game. The items fit her wonderfully; showing off every curve and still holding some innocence. She calmly observed the wild scene before her with those brilliant, blue eyes.

My lost boys were chanting, holding spears and sticks, and singing to the music of my pipe that ensnared them with wild carelessness. They spun and jigged to the beating of the insanity within their heads.

I gently set my pipe aside and willed the boys to continue their dance as I disappeared into the shadows. I crawled from shadow to shadow, unseen to anyone until I walked out from the shade of the house that was behind Rowan. I walked behind her, so close I was now able to smell the sea salt that seemed to have permanently attached itself to her body.

"You look different," I stated, causing the girl before me to jump with sudden surprise.

She turned and, ignoring my comment, she spoke, "What do you need, Pan?"

I smiled, politely. Her quick aggravation always amused me.

"Absolutely nothing." I smiled again.

I paused, allowing her time to become confused and open her mouth to begin talking before I cut her off and began talking again.

"But the boys, on the other hand, need a dinner."

The anger clouded her eyes at my words. She stood straighter, more defiant. She spoke no words, stuck her nose in the air and began to walk away.

I continued to look at the space which had previously been hosted by Rowan as I spoke.

"You're going to need to hunt." I flicked my gaze to her face with an amused smirk.

She stopped and looked back at me, eyebrow raised. "I don't know how."

Turned my entire body towards her, so I was facing her. I summoned and threw a bow and a quiver full of arrows in her direction.

"You're a smart girl, Rowan. You can figure it out." The smirk never left my face as I walked back to my boulder and sat down, beginning to play my pipe again.

~*~*~

Rowan's POV

My vision was clouded with fury as I wrapped the quiver and a bow around my body. I seized my staff and stormed off.

When I was positive that I was far enough away from camp, I started grumbling disdainfully to myself. I didn't really care if Pan heard, however. He cannot just treat me like this. 

"How dare he? How dare he!? I am not a toy! I am not to be used as an item of his amusement! I am not a slave!"

"But, you are a slave." My thoughts reasoned in reply.

I am a slave.

I am stuck here.

No! I cannot think like that anymore if I wish to survive.

No, I live here, now. This is my home. This is where I must learn to stay alive.

I kept walking, trudging over logs and stones. No game presented itself to me. After a while, my leg started throbbing so bad that I was forced to rest on a large log that I had found.