16 - Lock

"... and that's how that went." Tae ends his story. "What a bitch." It's the only thing that comes to your mind. "She should've been there for you, while you felt down... but instead she cheated on you. Why would she hurt you like that?"

You're furious. How can someone hurt a precious human being like Tae?

"Alright, don't get all worked up because of her. It's in the past. I'm over it now. Don't you think we've waited long enough? Do you think the guys might be gone?"

"Could be. But we have to be careful. They could just be in the next room." Tae nods. You can hear his little knife clickling. "I'm gonna open the door now."

Tae feels really cool, like the hero rescuing the princess. He walks towards the door. If he manages to unlock the door quickly, y/n will definetly be impressed. He puts the knife inside the lock, tosses and turns it around, but nothing happens.

"It's so dark, I can't even see what I'm doing." "You should be able to feel, if what you're doing is right." You say. "I know..." Tae says in a voice which actually sounds more like: I've absolutely no clue what I'm doing here.

You snicker.

"Come here, let me do it." You softly shove him aside. "Ey! What makes you think, you can do it better than me?" "I'm a cop. I'm actually trained to do stuff like that, remember?" Tae laughs awkwardly, while you go through all the tools that are included in his army knife, until you finally find what you're looking for.

"Alright, here we go." You put the little device inside the lock. Slowly and instictively you turn around the little hook inside. This door has an old, simple lock, which makes things much easier for you.

After 30 seconds you hear a click. "Yay!" Tae shouts. You put your hand over his mouth. "Be quiet!" Tae nods, you take your hand away and slowly push the heavy door open.

You feel like the baddest badass. You crane your neck out the door and see a poorly lit room. But it seems to be empty. You stand up straight and walk through the door. Tae follows you.

"All clear" you say. "You know, I find cop language to be kinda sexy." Tae whispers behind you.

What did he just say?! You choose to ignore it. There's no time for flirts or weird comments right now. You look for the door and find it on the opposite wall. "They may be behind that door. We shouldn't risk going out there." You say while looking around the room.

It's empty. The walls are cold and were painted in dark red colour, maybe a thousand years ago, cause the paint already flakes. You're in a cellar once again. "There." Tae point towards one small window, at the far end and upper part of the wall.

"Do you think we might fit through it?" He asks, going closer to the window.

"We should at least try. But this window can't be opened." You say after seeing the missing handle.

"Every window can be opened, you just have to sacrifice the window for it." Tae picks up a brick from the ground. What is that brick even doing here? It seems like destiny is on your side today.

"Tae, wait!" You hold back his arm with the brick in it. He was about to slam it through the window. "It's gonna be so loud, what if they really are next door, what if they hear us? They're gonna kill us, if they find out."

"What other choice do we have? Do you want to stay in here forever?" You shake your head. You think about it for two seconds, turn around to find any other way out, but there really is no other choice.

You look at Tae. His long hair is messy and wet from sweat, but you dig it.

Okay, focus y/n. You're trying to escape this shit hole. You can still stare at Tae, once you get out of here.

You nod towards him and he throws the brick through the window, it shatters with a deafining crash. Glass shards fall down and land on you both. But luckily, no one is hurt.

"Alright now hurry." Tae holds out his hands for you to step on them, so he can lift you up.

You don't waste any time and let Tae lift you up in the air, so you can reach the window. It's tight, but somehow you manage to squeeze through it. You soil all your clothes, but that doesn't matter. You step on the moist forest floor, turn around and reach your arms through the hole, to help Tae up.

He grabs your hands and stems his feet against the wall to climb up. He struggles a lot. He's got the more difficult part. Finally he reaches the window and pushes his hands on the frame. "Aaah!" He screams. He grabed into some shards of glass. You reach for his hand and pull him out. Suddenly you hear someone talk inside and footsteps approaching.

"They're on their way." Fuck. Tae manages to get up and stumbles after you.

"Run." You scream and start running. "Stay behind me." You turn around and see the eager look on Tae's face. He's only one step behind you. He holds his bleeding hand, but that doesn't stop him from running for his life.

You're not gonna get caught a second time.