Chapter 1

Disgusting Neanthal's blood stained my whole body. I wiped my sword, seeing carefully the blue drops. I hated them so much. Such gross beast shouldn't have lived. The big haunt was really tiring but satisfying as well. We, the Daekans, were unstoppable. I didn't know about fear. I just wanted so badly to kill all of the Neanthals, ending the existence of these monsters.

I was tired, but there was a wide smile on my face. We didn't lost many brothers this time. I looked around, feeling such a relief. My older brother Mubaek found me, coming closer immediately. He grabbed my face, looking carefully at my scratches. It was nothing worrisome. I didn't even feel the pain anymore because of the excitement.

"You are wounded" he said, but I only smirked. I was alive, so I didn't care about wounds as long as Neanthals were dying. Every single scratch was worth it.

"We should celebrate our success, drinking alcohol in the tavern instead of counting small bruisers" I said, grabbing my brother's shoulder. But Mubaek shook his head with a silent sigh. He acted like this because he was my older brother. I felt great and I was in the best mood to celebrate. I wasn't the only one for sure.

"But first, you should visit the doctor. He lives near the forest. He will sew your wounds. I know him well."

I didn't need a treatment. I didn't care about scars either. I was a warrior so my body was full of scars. Few more didn't make any difference, but I knew that my brother wouldn't let me go with the rest Daekans to the tavern. Since the doctor's house was really near, I decided to go with him, but only for a while.

My clothes were still bloodstained. Disgusting blue colour covered my skin. But it was also an achievement. The one of the last Neanthals died by my hand. I hated them so much and I wanted to bring them back to life only to kill them again even more cruelly.

Mubaek knocked on the door of the small wooden house in the middle of the forest. Why the best doctor in Arthdal lived there? I didn't understand that. We waited patiently, hearing silent steps on the other side of the door. I expected to see a doctor Hareem, but we saw a girl instead. She was young and really pretty, with dark and long hair.

"I didn't expect you to visit us, Mubaek" she said, smiling charmingly. Did he know her? My brother patted my back.

"Mugwang is injured and has deep wounds" he said. It wasn't anything special. I didn't need any help. "Is your father here, Chaeeun?" he asked.

I frowned immediately, hearing her name. Chaeeun? I have heard it before, but I wasn't sure where. Did I know her? Mubaek did it for sure. I closed my eyes, remembering about days when I was a kid. I knew a girl who's name was Chaeeun. She also was a doctor's daughter. She was peeking inside the house, seeing how her father was sewing my wound. I was a young and inexperienced warrior back then, but I have changed. She has changed as well. Now she was really beautiful. It wasn't surprising that Mubaek wanted to take me there.

"My father is not here. He will come back tomorrow because of the sudden sickness in Arthdal. But I can see your wounds" she said, looking at me. I nodded, because as a Daekan warrior I didn't have much opportunities to meet pretty girls. Chaeeun was really charming and we even knew each other, even though she acted as if she didn't know who was I.

"Thank you, Chaeeun" Mubaek sighed with gratitude, grabbing her small hands. They needed to be very soft and hardworking. How many times did she touch warriors' body? Or maybe I was the first one.

"Have a sit, Mugwang..." she said shyly as if saying my name was embarrassing for her.

I entered the small house, looking around. There were lots of dried herbs hanging on the wall. I sat on the wooden stool, waiting patiently. When my excitement went down, I finally was able to feel the pain. Chaeeun came closer, holding a box with medical devices. It looked scarier than I thought. She touched my shoulder, frowning. Her skin was really pale in comparison with mine. Her tiny and soft fingers grabbed my shirt, pulling it off from my shoulder. There was something in her eyes. Fear? Pity?