Prologue

"What are those guys up to? It has been almost twenty minutes..." A girl with long, wavy blonde hair and eyes green as emeralds asked. The girl was sitting next to a girl with long hair that seemed white but was more of a frost blue color who responded, "I don't know maybe we should go check on them." The girl's diamond blue eyes were filled with worry. That was when yelling caught the two off guard.  

"Get inside, you got Ava and Katelyn worried!" Shouted a voice that seemed to be coming from outside of their cabin. The voice was a female who sounded around twelve or thirteen years of age. Just then a sudden "Smack!-" was heard, along with a whimper of a young boy. 

"I'm sorry Jade, we just had a rumble with the townspe-" The poor boy was cut off by Jade pushing him inside. A boy with blonde hair and brown eyes opened his mouth, about to say something but he didn't want to face Jade's wrath. 

"KAI, get inside too!" Jade shouted as she was busy shoving a girl with short yet curly brown hair, and a boy with red hair inside. Both had hazel eyes. Jade was the adult of the group, so she had to keep everything in check. 

"Go to the living room with the food you gathered," Jade demanded. The group of four young teens nodded quickly, especially poor Tyler who was kicked down by Jade. He scrambled up onto his feet with the bag of bread and hurried to the living room. The others followed behind. The two girls who were in the room walked over to check out all the commotion that was going on. 

"What is going on here?" The blonde girl asked curiously, though the question was mostly directed towards Jade. Jade twirled her finger through her short green hair as she let out a dramatic sigh before a stern look swept up her neutral expression. "Hannah and the boys were fighting people at the village and I had t-" She was cut off by the boy she kicked earlier, Tyler. 

The boy's green eyes brimmed with tears. "They started it! They tried to hurt Kai, we couldn't just let them do that!" Tyler shouted, which caused Jade to become more upset. 

"FINE! I will let it slide, just this once, but if it happens again I won't be so nice." Jade let out an overwhelmed sigh.

An hour later...

The group of six had settled down and began to eat their share of food that was brought, which mostly consisted of fruits and bread. Ava looked at everyone in the room with a saddened sigh. "You know, I hate that we have to steal food..." She clasped her hands and rested them in her lap.

Kai let out a mischievous laugh and responded with a smart remark. "This should last us a month or two, as long as Hannah doesn't pig out again." Another SMACK- was heard as Hannah slapped Kai who shouted in pain. "Owwie rude!" 

"You can't blame me for having a black hole in my stomach!" The girl shouted with her hands on her hips, she wouldn't let her pride be damaged, well at least not so easily. The group all laughed besides Hannah, who was embarrassed on the spot. She ended up joining in the laughter awkwardly. 

As they finished eating, Jade cleaned up and put the rest of the food away. "Alright guys, it's getting dark... let's get some rest alright?" Ava nodded with a small yawn and leaned against Katelyn who smiled and wrapped her arm around the blonde girl. 

The group went to the bedroom which was arguably the largest in the cabin. A mat made out of thatch covered the majority of the room's floor space. It wasn't that comfortable but for the group, they had to make do with what they had so it ended up being a makeshift mattress. Ava and Katelyn laid down together like they always have, sharing a blanket. Jade slept between Kai and Hannah, who had some sort of chemistry between them, but they always fought if they slept next to each other. Ray, who slept away from the others closed his eyes and fell asleep quickly. Ava and Katelyn cuddled each other to sleep while Jade stayed up until Kai and Hannah fell asleep. It was on the daily routine for Jade, but it didn't take long before she can finally get some sleep.