Bonus Scenes (Prologue, The Shi'nen, and The Mysterious Girl) 2

(Prologue- Bonus Scene IV)

After the four reached Cyringth they began to look around for a market, or something of the sorts. While walking around the village, their eyes landed upon a bakery. The sweet aroma of the baked goods escaped through the windows and emitted a calming effect around the village. The place seemed packed with customers. 

"Woah! This place seems like it is popular." Hannah exclaimed, her eyes glimmering amongst the sight of the successful bakery in front of them.

Tyler's green eyes were also glimmering, yet he was drooling. "Can we go buy something? pleaaaase?" He begged. 

Kai frowned slightly and sighed. He put his hands on Tyler's shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "We don't have any money, remember?" Kai's voice sounded saddened as he didn't want Tyler to get upset. 

Ray smirked mischievously. "That is why we will steal food. How else will we get food if we don't just sneak some away?" He asked. Ray wasn't fond of his own idea since he tried to be in the right in most situations; but, his family was more important to him.

Kai raised his brow and stared at Ray with an intrigued look. "This isn't like you, Ray, what happened to you? Who are you and what have you done with Ray!" Kai exclaimed, laughing loudly. It was obvious he was joking around.

"Shut up, Kai." He said in a joking manner while play hitting him in the shoulder. "You guys know you are important to me. If I have to break rules to protect you guys, then so be it," Ray responded rather calmly.

Hannah was staring at them both with her arms crossed while Tyler was peeking through the bakery's window. "You boys done flirting with each other yet?" Hannah asked teasingly with a grin plastered on her face.

Kai rolled his eyes. "Be quiet Hannah,  you act like you don't do it either," he pouted with a whiny voice. "Plus, I wasn't flirting with him and he wasn't flirting with me. We are just doing what brothers do, right Ray?" 

Ray nodded to Kai's question. "Exactly." He took a deep breath and shouted, "Anyway! We are wasting time, let's go get the food we are here for." He then stretched his arms and let out a sigh.

"All right, fine." Hannah sighed and dragged Tyler back by the collar of his shirt. Tyler let out a sudden yelp. "Do we have a plan though?" Hannah asked. 

Ray scratched the side of her head. "Well, you s-"

"Oh, oh, oh! Let me guess, we are going in blind again?" Hannah cut him off with her question. She was getting upset.

Ray stayed silent for a few seconds before looking down at the ground with an ashamed look on his face. "Well, yeah..." He then looked at Hannah and grinned. "But we can do it, just you watch!" He laughed proudly.

Tyler spoke in a whiny voice while complaining. "Let's go already the food smells so good and I cannot wait any longer!" He pouted before he stomped his right foot.

Kai sighed. "Guys, let's just go before we draw too much attention to ourselves!"

Ray nods. "Yeah, we really need to hurry, stop fooling around."

After the four composed themselves, they began whispering on how they'd successfully get the food without being caught. It would be a difficult situation, but they have done this many times before. So, they were pretty used to the negative outcomes.

(Scene End)

(Prologue- Bonus Scene V)

Tyler was trembling as he looked at the three with the look that says, "Are you serious?!". He opened his mouth to speak, but the words wouldn't come out. He then shook his head and looked at Ray. "Why can't you do it? This was all your idea, why do I have to?" Tyler asked.

"You were the one who wanted to come along, so you can at least be helpful!" Ray responded, a hint of irritation in his voice. 

Tyler frowned as he crossed his arms. He pointed to Ray's satchel before shouting, "Helpful?! I was the one who found the apple tree! We wouldn't have all those apples if it weren't for me. Is that not helpful enough?!" He screamed, his green eyes slowly turning a yellowish color. 

Ray, Hannah, and Kai's eyes widened when they saw Tyler's eyes change from green to yellow. They were confused as this was not considered normal at all. Sure, they were aware that plenty of people around them had magic, but Tyler? Even Tyler himself believed he didn't have anything special about him, magic wise. That was when a woman who appeared to be in her early twenties looked at them through one of the windows of the bakery.

"Is something going on over here? You kids are making a ruckus and are really loud. I can hear you loud and clear from inside." The woman spoke with her soft and friendly voice. She had a warm and motherly smile on her face and her blue eyes were gleaming.

Tyler blinked and when his eyes opened they were no longer yellow, but the normal green. He turned to face the black-haired woman with a panicked look on his face. "Wah- I am so sorry miss! I didn't realize I was being so loud." He yelled with a worried tone in his voice.

The woman laughed heartily and shook her head, clasping her hands together. "Oh don't worry young ones. It isn't a big deal. It is just a bit distracting and throws off my focus." She stopped speaking for a few seconds before asking, "Say, where are your parents? You shouldn't be wandering around alone, you never know what can be out there!"

Tyler looked at Hannah, Kai, and Ray. They were giving him an intimidating glare. Tyler laughed awkwardly before he smiled shakily. "Well, we don't have parents you see... We live alone with a few others. We are each other's family!" He responded.

The woman rose a brow but smiled even more. "Well, as long as you kids stay safe. It is a dangerous world out there. Now to my other question... What are you doing out here? I've never seen your faces before, and I remember every face I see! You must be an outsider. Either way, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask."

Tyler started to break under the pressure of being on the spot. "We were just gong t-" He was cut off.

Kai had covered Tyler's mouth with his hand and smiled. "Just ignore him, he hasn't been feeling well. You see, miss, we are just looking for some food to take back home. Nothing more and nothing less." 

The woman tilted her head to the side with her motherly smile. "Oh? Why didn't you say so sooner! Here at the Carbonneau's confectionery we sell the best baked goods to meet any of your unique tastes!" She pointed towards the door as she began to walk over. "Why don't you guys come inside? I'll get you a bite to eat."

Tyler's eyes lit up and moved Kai's hand from his mouth. "Oh my goodness! Yes, yes, yes! You are so kind miss, I don't know how we can repay you." He smiled thankfully and rushed towards the entrance of the bakery with the other three following behind him.

"You don't need to repay me young child. After all, a little bit of kindness goes a long way. It fills my heart with joy to be able to help those in need." She responded.

(Scene End)