Prolouge~

-Eleven Jane Wheeler's narrative-

-Stars sprinkled the midnight sky like a million flecks of dust covering a cupboard, I knew I could nearly reach them if I just stretched my arm out only a little further, but it was impossible. It was already stretched as far as it could possibly go, if I took it any further it would snap into pieces, I was sure. I let my heart and lungs melt into the grass, soaking the upturned soil with screams left silent over years of time. My robe was no doubt going to be mucked up from all of the dirt, but I almost didn't care. Almost. I forced myself to allow the raspberry red fabric melt to my sides as I slid up off of the ground from my heels. Repositioning the crown on my head, I gracefully poured myself up the steps and was quickly guided to the room in which I was asked to reside for the next passing weeks, by the extravagant chandeliers clogging the hall. They were less chandelier and more candlesticks that held unusually small and bright suns. I loved the chandeliers; they were the escape I wish would hold me close and stay with me for eternity. I wish the lights would chase me and set my hair and clothing aflame, burn me to ashes so that I could wait patiently as I was tossed between logs and wither into nothingness.

-My arms and scalp ached from the pins and restraints that sewed my skin and hair into a formal dressing. I gently tugged at each strange hairpiece with its own equally strange name until finally, the last pin was undone and my hair flowed down in a waterfall above my shoulders, curling ever so slightly at the end.

-I had refused to let any of our slaves care for me, I found it so unfair to be forced into a position because of the wealth you were born into. My heart tugged every time one was treated cruelly, but as the newly appointed queen of this monarchy, who had not yet earned the trust of the people, I was obliged to keep my mouth shut. Now I found myself nearly regretting the denial of their help. I awkwardly struggled to untie my gown and unfasten the corset that had been violently gnawing at my aching back throughout the day, and if anyone at this moment offered their help, I could simply not say no.

-Feeling the cage of clothes fall to my feet and stepping slowly into my night gown, I looked myself in the mirror. I squeezed my cheeks between my hands and with I puffy face I mumbled to myself, "Eleven,Jane, sweetheart, you need to sleep." With that I stumbled backwards onto my disproportionately large mattress, and wrapped the thin, cold sheets around my head all the way down to my legs, scrunched my nose, and curled into a ball, letting myself drift to sleep.

A/N

Hello, lovelies! I hope you enjoyed this small preview of a project I'm working on, I can't wait for more of it to be written and released! Do not fear, though, each chapter should usually have 1,000+ words, I just wanted to get a quick feel for the story before delving into it, so I'll be leaving you with plenty to think about in-between updates. I'm also adding a little music, because I don't know about you, but I cannot read in silence. I can't wait to update again soon, love ya, bye bye!!

Updates should been received every Wednesday and Sunday. (Or more frequently)