20. Changes

A/N: Please forgive me for taking so long to update (I blame school n.n)
Ohp. And forgive me if Sesshomaru seems to be a bit OOC. e.e

Carry on (:

PS: Your comments are appreciated :3

___ ____ ___ 

Many changes had indeed occurred in the past months – not only in him, but he supposed in everyone else also. He had changed in the sense that he’d learnt what it meant to love deeply. Rin, on the other hand had shown much growth in the past few months – both physically and when it came to maturity in general. But that was expected, as she was a human and they did age much faster than demons. Jaken, after several lumps on the head was finally learning to accept Hana – just as he had, eventually, grown closer to Rin.

Hana, however, showed the most change of all.

Over the months it had become much more obvious that she was carrying a child, and now it seemed as if she were just about ready to deliver – even with her small frame. Her hair was slightly longer, and her face, at moments, seemed to have developed a captivating glow that never failed to enthrall him, especially in the sunlight. He assumed the light glow was another one of her strange “symptoms.”

Sesshomaru looked down at Hana with caring eyes – a look which he’d developed over a long period of time. She sat quietly in the grass, rubbing her round stomach as she stared out at the open field while Rin stood behind her, attempting to braid her hair. Normally, he would have merely left them behind – leaving it up to them to find him and Jaken when they were done resting, but as stated: he’d changed. He’d realized – with the aid of a dream that had, once again, involved his mother – that having a mate and being a father entailed his being much more considerate than he once was.

Sesshomaru had become so immersed in his thoughts of how much things had changed over so little time that he had failed to notice what was happening right next to him. Hana had grabbed Jaken and was now hugging him tightly, tears streaming down her face. For a split second, he had become worried, but as quickly as the feeling had come, it passed, and he merely watched on as he heard Hana:

“Oh, Master Jaken, I’m so happy you’ve come to finally accept me, and I’m sure Sesshomaru is also glad,” she cried dramatically as she almost suffocated the imp with her bosom. Though he appeared uninterested on the outside, Sesshomaru couldn’t help but become amused with what Rin addressed as Hana’s “mood-swings” – mainly because Jaken was the one who usually suffered the most.

“Don’t be silly,” Jaken muttered when she’d finally set him down, “I am only being nice to you because you are carrying Milord’s heir.” The toad demon folded his arms and looked away.

Sesshomaru turned his attention away from Jaken’s antics and focused on the demoness carrying his child. Rin was just about done with her hair. He’d forgotten how much younger Hana looked when her hair was braided. This was why he had, so long ago, vaguely hinted at the fact that he preferred her hair down – it made her appear more mature. And though he did like that style more than this one, he noticed that having her hair in a braid brought out more of her features - including her bright smile and her ears which had been hidden by her hair all along.

Sesshomaru smirked to himself faintly.

Here he was, trying to look as uninterested as possible as he sat with the people whom he supposed had become his family, admiring the hair of the wolf demon that he’d fallen in love with. Not to mention the fact that it did not bother him in the least that his child was not going to be a full dog demon.

He questioned what his father was thinking of him in the netherworld.

Sesshomaru soon pushed the thought aside.