36. Los Angeles' Problems

Edward is actually in a... Let's say a complicated situation...

But before telling you what is happening, maybe we should learn more about the context right ?

I'll tell you this story from the beginning... From the arrival of our dear Eddie and Jane in Los Angeles at least...

Jane, since he end of high school, found herself a natural talent for singing. She rapidly became popular in whole New Orleans and her voice reached the ears of a LA producer.

Eddie, as a faithful do-er- knight in shining armor, had followed his soulmate and became her bodyguard.

Our two lovebirds travelled to see this famous producer wanting to "make a star of Jane".

Alas, nothing happened like planned and the couple found itslef splitted up, in the middle of the night, in a city they didn't know.

To add to their dispair, Jane ran out of battery.

So Eddie was in the deepest shit to find her.

While looking for his love, he met a fairly drunk group wanting to take him down.

-Listen guys, I don't want to fight, I just want to find my girlfriend. There's no reason for me to hit you right ?

What seemed to be the leader of the team started to laugh :

-You heard that guys ? He thinks he can beat us alone ! Haha !

Eddie sighed. He didn't like to come to blows. But he couldn't waste too much time reasoning with these drunk guys. Too bad for them.

-Sorry but I'm in a hury right now. You shouldn't have been in my way !

A sweep, a right hook, a kick in the stomach and the small group ended up on the ground.

-See you later, we'll surely meet again. If you want another fight, I give you my number.

He scribbled it on a piece of paper, left it near to the leader and started his research again, asking people passing by and running around in the streets.

Jane, on her side, wasn't worried at all. She was visiting the city, looking at everything and buying random souvenirs.

After a while, she started wondering what Eddie could be doing. She wanted to call him and to check if everything was alright but her phone was still dead.

-But what is he doing ?

-You're looking for someone Miss ?

A little boy stopped at her level and he pulled on the singer's skirt.

-Yes, I'm waiting for my boyfriend. Are you alone ?

-No, I'm looking for my mom.

-And where is your mom ? Maybe I can help you finding her !

The boy seemed to think  before pointing a small electronics store in a alley.

-Here, I saw her enter. She told me to stay outside for an hour. But I don't know how much time she's in already.

Jane frowned her brows. This story was weird. But this little boy seemed so sincere.After a moment of deliberation, she declared :

-Why don't we go together ?

She took the child by the hand, went in the alley and entered the store.

-Is she upstairs ?

-Yes. With a weird mister.

The man upstairs must have been the boss because a teenager was watching the register. When the young woman, he recognize her at once.

-You... You're Jane Cray ? For real ?

-Huh yeah why ?

-Can I have an autograph ?

Caught unaware, she let go of the boy's hand who sat in a corner of the store to play with an old computer.

-I... yes sure why not... Do you have a pen ?

The teenager handed her one and a piece of paper from his pocket. She signed and asked :

-What's your name ?

-Ben ! Ben Dawson miss !

-Here you go !

She gave him the paper back and the teen asked :

-What can I do for you ?

-Maybe getting me a phone ? So I can reach my bodyguard.

Ben looked  in his pocket again and handed his cellphone.

-There's no code, you can take as much time as you need. Hey Willy ! Wanna play ?

-Yes ! Mommy still hasn't finished ?

-No. But soon. I hope...;-;

Jane went away from the boys and typed Eddie's number. He answered right away.

-Where are you Jay ? And why did you left like that ?

-Don't scream at me Ed ! I'm fine. I'm in an electronics shop, in an alley near...

She turned to Ben who answered :

-Westchester district, next to Victory Road.

-I'll get you right away. Don't move.

-Kay' I'm waiting for you.

He hung up. Jane gave the phone back to Ben and thanked him.

-I'll go out so he can find me. Thanks a lot!

-You don't have a cell phone?

-I do but it's dead.

-I can recharge it while your friend is on the road !

He got a usb wire and took Jane's phone. He connected it to a big power bank.

-It should take 20 minutes max.

-Thank you very much !

20 minutes later, Eddie arrived at the store and Jane's phone was charged to the max!