Hi. 504

"Hi"
"Hi"
My feet sunk further into the sand but not far enough. Why wouldn't it engulf me as the air did to me time and time again? As my bony arse cheeks buried themselves in the ground I could feel his eyes penetrating my head. But he couldn't get in. And I didn't know how to let him in.
"So... what happened just then? What's up?" He stated such trivial words of meaningless sounds. Look up. It's the fucking sky.
"Nothing. I just didn't want to jump in. The water looked cold"
—"the thought of drowning with u there was unappealing to me. A worthless soul ends with just a worthless witness. Pointless. Plus it's not like you'd help. Help me forget. Help me move on; help me move on anywhere."
"Are you cold?" As I glanced to the side, the wind forcing my hair out the way of my view of his face, his eyes glossed over and his smile turned sinister. I could sense the movement of his muscles, his shoulders reaching back as his hands reached for the sleeves of his black iconic north face jacket.
"No" I halted the shaking of my every muscle to utter that world to him. I sprinted my hands over my arms and legs to cover the pimpled goose bumps which covered my exposed skin, heaving my legs into my chest, grasping my body closer; a smaller target to fit down a whole if it were to appear beneath me and drag me into the abyss.
"Oh okay." The disappointment in his voice was irrelevant. I suppose it was an unrehearsed response and a prequel to the now seemingly obvious rejection of him. But still. How did he find me? It wasn't exactly hard. He spoke to me and I spoke back. That's all it is. Except clearly he saw meaning in words that I saw as meaningless, because he saw not what meanings lie behind those words unspoken in truths. But I would've said yes. I'm bored of this loneliness. That's why I was there.

The echoed humming and the thriviless forces behind the weight of the ever growing oceans rang within every particle that submerged my head. Our heads. But he just saw the water.
"Looks great here. Come on let's go for a little swim! Don't worry I can keep you warm." His invitation was not one of desire or boredom, but it seemed to be of interest. Of interest on movement, of joy, of contact, and of connection. That was, until he tore his clothes off and plummeted into the raw, sharp water. That was funny.
His eyes scrunched up and his arms reluctantly stretched out to bring his body into the depths of the invaded kingdom. The regret screamed on his face but when his eyes caught onto mine he screamed, "come on it's amazing! I'll give u a piggy back!"
This, whilest bein a more appealing invitation was not that which I had come here to succeed in.