Chapter One: Haven

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" I let out a light honk on my car horn. I don't want the people in front me to think I'm honking at them, but this LA traffic is ridiculous.

I roll my windows down and realize that I'm the only one who seems to care that we've all sitting at a dead stop for the last 15 minutes.

"What the hell is going on?!" I yell inside my car, knowing no one can hear me. I check the time. It's 10:47. Great. I'm going to be late.

I see a few people from different cars hanging out of their windows, recording something in front of them. I furrow my brows and turn off my engine, as I step out of my car and lock it, I begin walking through the line of cars.

I hear a girl's voice from one of the cars yelling my way, "We're not supposed to get out of our cars!"

I look back and forth between her and the mess in front of the traffic. I can barely see what's going on, but I think I see... cameramen? What the hell?

"What's happening up there?" I ask the girl who seems to know what's going on.

"Harry Styles is filming a music video!" She squeals.

I slightly roll my eyes. On any other day, I wouldn't care about some traffic, but this day could be huge for me. And I'm going to be late because of some hotshot who thinks he doesn't have to follow rules.

I storm through the rest of the cars, and the music begins to get louder and louder. I come up on what seems to be the crew, I see tables with equipment laying everywhere and a bunch of men and women dressed in black, all with headsets over their ears. I had to walk pretty far to get up here, and I feel myself sweating. I'm getting more annoyed by the second.

By the way I'm just walking through the crowd of people working, I'd think someone so famous would have better security. I wish I could just find someone in charge.

"Woah, ma'am. I'm going to need to see some I.D." A deep voice shouts in front of me. I freeze, watching the tall man walk toward me. I begin worrying, I didn't really think this through. I'm crashing a set of a celebrity, and this could get me in major trouble.

"I'm just trying to find someone in charge." I stand up tall, not intimidating the large man at all. I notice his security badge once he's close to me.

"Well, that would be me," a silk voice not far behind me echoes through my ears. I turn around, expecting it to be some type of agent or manager running the set, but the person I see is not who I expected at all. And I finally process the accent.

Harry's green eyes are breathtaking in person. His photos don't do them justice. He's taller than I imagined, with wider shoulders. He takes a few steps toward me, and I have to take a deep breath. His brown, wavy hair is falling in front of his face. My heart is pounding, not because of how attractive he is, but because I remember that I'm late for one of the most important auditions of my life.

"Look, this is honestly ridiculous. You've taken up four entire streets. There's literally no way out of this traffic and some people have life changing events they need to attend to. I mean, who do you think you are?! How rude do you have to be to completely block people from being able to get through," I gulp. Realizing my rant is scolding one of the biggest pop artists in the world.

Harry raises his eyebrows and lets a chuckle fall from his full lips. He tucks one side of his long hair behind his ear. And I'm getting more annoyed by the second.

"Do you have a name?" He asks.

"Haven," I nod. "But that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm late for something very important. All because you needed one of the busiest intersections in LA for.... whatever you're doing." I huff, waving my hands in the direction of the camera equipment. My attitude is unnecessary, but it's his fault that I'm going to miss this audition.

"Alright Hazel, let's just calm down. I'm sorry, okay? What is it that you need to get to so fast?" He presses, and I slightly roll my eyes. I see the crew starting to clean up everything from the roads.

"Haven." I correct him before continuing, "and don't tell me to calm down! I'm going to miss one of the most important auditions of my entire life, and it's your fault!" I turn around and start to walk away from him. Really, just so I don't start crying in front of him.

"Wait!" He yells, catching up to me, "where is it?"

"Way passed this intersection, so it doesn't matter anymore." I begin to turn away, but he's already right in front of me again.

"Yes, it does. I apologize that I've made you late. When we're you supposed to be there?"

"5 minutes ago." I look at my watch. I feel my eyes welling up with tears when Harry turns around to a guy in a suit with Flat Cap on.

"Samuel, let's get this nice girl to her interview." He turns back to me with a smirk appearing on his lips, showing one of his dimples. My heart starts pounding faster. I've never been what you'd call a fangirl of Harry Styles, but I'm not going to lie and pretend I don't know who he is, but I have too much going on than to deal with this craziness. I'm also too wound up and pissed to realize exactly what he's implying.

"What? No! What am I supposed to do with my car?!" I ask.

"Leave it. We'll get it, later." He nonchalantly says. He holds out one of his hands, and rolls his eyes jokingly.

"Give me the keys. I'll get one of my security guys to take care of it, I promise." He raises his brows.

"No, I can't do that." I step back, and see another eye roll from him. This is someone who's used to getting his way.

"Look, the longer you stand here and argue with me, the later you'll be. You want to make it or not?" He adds. He's right. There's no way I'm going to be able to make it without being over 30 minutes late if I go all the way back to my car now. I look between him and his driver, who's holding a door to a long, black limo open.

"Okay." I say, and hesitantly hand my keys to him. My heart is practically hopping out of my chest; and I have to stop myself from getting nauseous as I climb into the back of the limo. He tosses his keys to someone from his security, and leans his head into the backseat.

"That's what I thought. What kind of car?" He asks.

"Black, Jeep Liberty."

"It's a black, Barbie Jeep down the road a ways." He laughs and climbs in next to me. I roll my eyes at his comment, but when the driver presses the gas, I let a small flicker of hope for my big movie audition return.