Chapter Two: Haven

"So, what's this audition for?" Harry's accent breaks the awkward silence. I feel like I'm the only one who seems uncomfortable. I don't know what to do or say around him. This morning, I was stuck in traffic, late to an audition. Now, I'm in the back of a limo with the celebrity that almost made me miss it.

"It's a movie audition, and I've been waiting for a chance like this for a long time." I look back out the window, trying to calm my nerves. I can't tell if they're from the audition or sitting in this limo with him. Maybe a mixture of both, but we're almost there. I need to focus.

"You're an actress? Could've fooled me." He lets out a laugh through his nose.

Excuse me?  His shock is a little offending, and the nerves from sitting here with him are completely thrown out the window.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snarl my nose a little.

"You just don't look like an actress is all I meant. I mean, you've got the dusty blonde hair and green eyes thing going for you, but I can't see it." he chuckles and turns his head away from facing me. Wow, this guy is rude.

"Okay, well not that it's any of your business, I've been going to acting classes and workshops for a while now." I state, feeling defensive of my work.

"Yikes. Only classes and workshops? Are you sure you're even ready for this? How did you get this audition?"

I scoff a little, but I begin second guessing myself all because of his rude and blunt interrogation. I ignore his questions and face the window.

"And acting... that's what you would want to do forever?" He breaks the silence again as the driver pulls up near the building, I'm 15 minutes late now. I hope they even accept me in for my audition.

"Yeah, forever." I say, not looking at him before leaning up towards the driver, "can you stop right here, please? That's the building across the street. I can walk." I'm ready to get out of this limo and away from this I'll-mannered boy.

I open the door, stepping onto the sidewalk. I wish I would've just stayed in my car. I wouldn't be feeling this way now.

"You think you could be happy doing this?" Harry presses, now standing outside of the limo. So many questions. And is he rude or not? Yes. I decide.

"How will I get my car back?" I spin back around and yell across the street, ignoring his questions again.

He waves his phone in the air and I yell my number to him.

"Do you have someone that can pick you up from here?" He asks.

"I can walk, it's not too far." I say, I want to get away from him. I thought it was nice of him to offer to drive me, but then he's downing this whole experience and making me feel like I'm not ready. I'm also still worried my car is sitting in the middle of the road.

"I'll call you, then. There's somewhere I have to be soon, but I'll let you know when you can come get it." He says, stuffing his phone back into his pocket. He continues, "see you again, Haven. Good luck with your audition!" He smirks.

"If they even let me in. I am still late, thanks to you." I stress and run through the doors.

The utter shock that I was just riding in a limo with Harry Styles hits after I enter the doors of the building. He was nice at first, but his attitude toward me makes me think otherwise.

I shake off the feeling he gave me about not being ready, and I'm met with a security officer and a metal detector.

Once I pass the security, I go to the red, Cherrywood desk in the lobby, and tell the front clerk my name and who my audition is with.

"Ma'am, your audition was nearly 25 minutes ago. I don't think the casting directors are going to see you." she bluntly states.

"No, please. They have to. I was stuck in horrible traffic and I couldn't get through, I had to get a ride here. Please let them know my situation." I beg. Though it seems it doesn't phase her.

"I don't think they're going to want to hear excuses, ma'am. If this was more important to you, you would've been here on time." she says. Great. I don't want to cry in front of this total stranger. I try to figure out what I'm going to say to convince her, but I hear a voice come up from behind me. I turn around to find those green eyes.

"Sorry, Miss.." Harry squints his eyes and leans down over the desk to read her nametag and I can see the pure shock in her eyes. "Johnson," He smirks and she blushes, "Haven here is late on my account. It wasn't her fault at all." The corner of his full lips turn up into a smile, showing his bright teeth. Oh, he is good.

"Oh.. uh, y- yes Mr.Styles, of- of course." she stumbles and picks up the phone, whispering something before hanging up.

She smiles at Harry with her blushing cheeks before turning back to me, "they'll see you now, Miss. Daniels."

You've got to be kidding me. I think to myself as I look at Harry, a dimpled grin on his face.

"You're welcome." I hear him shout as I walk away from him and get on the elevator.