The Warrior

"YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU, BENEATH ME!" Kyro roared as he stood above the dead bodies of those he had slain, his swords cold steel nearly steaming from the friction of tearing through flesh on the battle field. His armor painted with blood across the iron protecting his body, though not a scratch lay apon it. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" He screamed to the sky, not a single challenger left for him to face.

"HEY KYRO!" Chiru Kuioco ran up behind him, knocking Kyro from his thoughts as he walked through the market place. "WAIT UP!"
Kyro turned around to see his best friend running up to him. Kyro was never searching for a friend. But even so, Chiru somehow convinced him to be his friend, even if Kyro wasn't always the best friend back. "Hey Chiru" Kyro smirked, a rare occasion for the young prodigy.
"Where ya heading?" Chiru beamed, a bit out of breath from the run down the sandy road. "After a battle like that, I would've figured you'd be celebrating, taking Accigo out on a nice date maybe" Chiru smiled at him with a wink and kissing face.
His antics, though sometimes rid and awkward, made Kyro smile. He was the only one Kyro really ever seemed to open up to. Kyro much rather doing his fighting on the battle field. "Nice try Chiru, but Accigo's not my type" he chuckled, breaking his dark exterior a slightly.
"Oh, so the most beautiful girl in Ahl'Dorru isn't your type. Right, right, of course" he said, seeming to believe him for a second before punching Kyros arm "lier" he snickered, Kyro rubbing his arm with a jokingly pained look before smiling back.
Kyro and Chiru made it to their destination of the mess hall for the warriors. They walked in and comerodery was blooming from the knights, warriors and mages gathered there.
"Well if it isn't Kyro!" One of the knights said, the room going quiet as they all turned to look at him. Kyro hated this kind of attention, glaring a bit at Toru who had called every to look at him. "To another fine battle won, thanks to the hero worthy to be legendary" Toru said with a smile, the muscular man smiling, his skin tightening against his dented chin.
"The war isn't over yet. Let's not get to drunk" Kyro smirked slightly, shooting daggers from his eyes at Toru, though he shrugged them off, guzzling the rest of his beverage at it left a foam on his curled blonde mustache.
Kyro sighed, brushing his fighters through his spiky hair before looking over as he saw Accigo finished resituating her shoe on the bench, looking up at him, he could see her hand soften on her mage staff, smiling at him with a nod and he did the same. Her white hair almost glowed in the sun beam that was perfectly placed over her silver, gold, and purple mages uniform.
"Go talk to her you dolt" Chiru pushed Kyros back, Kyro turning around quickly, glaring at him, though Chiru just shrugged, leaning back, ready for the show.
Kyro walked up to Accigo as she stood up, gentle brushing off her skirt "good morning sir Kyro" she curtsied low. Kyro chuckling and placing his hand on her shoulder.
"Very funny, but you don't have to do that" he said, slightly guiding her up to a standing position.
"What if I want to" she smiled, leaning on her staff. "By far you have earned that respect, its the least I can do".
Kyro smiled, blushing a little as he rubbed the back of his neck "well... I guess I can't stop you. Just know I don't ask for it"
"You don't have to" she smiled, taking his hand gently. "Respect is earned, not requested" she curtsied again, still holding his hand and he chuckled.
"Alright, alright I get it. I know another way you can thank me" he said, his heart skipping a beat, not believing he was actually doing this.
"What might that be?" She said, standing up and looking up at him curiously.
"Meet me by the gardens after supper?" He smiled, though he slowly took back his hand, putting them in his pockets.
She didn't look at all surprised or worried, just smiled and nodded. "I shall look forward to it, sir Kyro" she curtsied again and he bowed, standing up and walking back to Chiru, knowing he was blushing heavily when Chiru said...
"That good huh?" He smiled with a wink, Kyro promptly punching him in the arm.
Kyro chuckled, shaking his head as he rubbed his arm. "I hate you" he smiled, "we'll just have to see how this evening goes on whether or not I punch you back or kiss you for pushing me into that heart attack" he said faking a go at a punch before pushing him jokingly.

Dusk came and Kyro walked to the gardens, the light of the torches on each street, lit by magic shined soft light apon the surrounding. He stepped around a bush and saw a familiar sight of long white hair braided above an unfamiliar, but beautifully simple purple dress.
Kyro walked up to her "it's a beautiful night" she said with a smile, turning to look at him with her pastel purple eyes, the stars seeming as if they were projected from her eyes instead of just simply reflecting onto them.
"Beautiful night to be with a lady quite so fair" he said reaching out a hand to her, Accigo taking it with a smile as she stood up, the bench between the two. "You look beautiful Accigo" he smiled, taking both of her hands.
"You do... Too" she giggled, Kyro not exactly used to this joking and slightly flirtatious side of her. But he liked it.
The evening went by fairly quickly, the two enjoying each other's company, talking and laughing, sharing stories and memories. Him being the youngest soldier to be brought into the battle against the Bacrous.
"Witches and monsters, that's all they are" he sighed, running his hand through his rustled hair.
"Do you think they'll ever surrender?" Accigo asked, lifting her hand as some small lights drifted out of her hands and began to float through the air.
"They'd be dead before they'd admit defeat" he said picking at some grass.
"So would you" she shrugged, smiling at him. "You'd think survivals instincts would kick in at some point right?" She said looking over at him, running her fingers gently over his arm.
"I hope so, some day" he said with a sighed, troubled.
"I'm sorry" Accigo said, playing with a drifting strand of her hair. "Let's not talk work anymore yeah?" She said, running a thumb over his cheek.
"Okay" he nodded as Accigo leaned in, placing a kiss on his lips.
Their night eventually came to a close, though Kyro began to feel ill on the way home. Dizzy and nauseous as he stumbled through the halls of the castle. He made it to his room and layed down on the bed, his cauntiousness beginning to slip from him. The last thing he saw was a bright light before darkness.