Everything and nothing

Ariana was used to being the big family secret. The trauma that affected her magical ability's after the incident with the muggles had left her with something the resembled PTSD, yet it had been hidden long before that day. Her entire family were magical. They could control their magic, use wands with ease, her favourite brother Aberforth could even do magic without speaking! But Ariana? She couldn't control it. No listen, understand what I'm saying. Ariana physically could not control it. The magic would build up inside her and explode out of her like a demonic presence. Magic after all is capable of doing so much good and also capable of destroying everything. It had destroyed Ariana and with her, it had destroyed her entire family. Everything was fine when Ariana was born. The problem grew as Ariana grew. Day by day, week by week, until it was no longer Ariana that had a problem but a problem that had consumed Ariana.

Her knees were weak, her beautiful dirty blonde hair clung to her sweaty forehead. Mesmerising icy blue eyes stared up to the ceiling. Tears were flowing yet again. Ariana was screaming. Even though she was laid down she knew there was no point in trying to sit up. When this happened her body betrayed her. Instead she focused on screaming out all her frustration. Her room was always dark, but she suspected that it was night. Down in the basement she couldn't hurt anyone. It had been her idea that she should live here. No one around that she could hurt or worse, kill. Down here she didn't need to freak out at the thought of harming her mom, Albus or even worse, Aberforth. Another high pitched scream escaped from her as she felt herself slipping away and her inner darkness taking over. "Ariana!" It was Aberforth. He was there, holding her. "Everything will be okay" he spoke with a calm and loving voice. Tears streamed down her cheeks as his words echoed inside her. Everything would be okay... he was right. Because she would learn to control it. Eventually, she had too!

This was a regular occurrence during the night by now. The following day Ariana woke up with Aberforth next to her. They must have fallen asleep while he was holding her last night. She moved slightly trying in vain not to wake him. His eyes shot open when she moved. "It's okay" she whispered. Clearing her throat she tried to speak more clearly this time "I want you to teach me how to control it. Before I hurt you..." her voice faded back into a whisper and faded into the silence of the morning. Aberforth looked up at her, how could he tell her? He couldn't. Instead he nodded.

Later that very same day the two were out in the fenced backyard. Aberforth was making sparks appear out of his wand. Ariana was using her mother's wand. Trying to focus she said the words. Nothing happened. She tried with all her might again and again, frustration building up inside of her until she gave up with a scream that caused Aberforth to take the wand from her. Feeling herself loosing control she ran inside and down the stairs, shutting the door just in time to feel herself slip away.

Into the Darkness.