Chapter 4

Evan blinked and looked around. It wasn't the Astronomy tower like he expected but an empty classroom. The memory Daphne was sitting on a desk, tapping her fingers anxiously. The family watched as the door opened. Harry stepped inside. His hair was messier than usual, and he looked like he had been running.

Daphne smirked. "You're late," she declared.

Harry shrugged. "Had dentition with Snape," he replied nonchalantly. It didn't take much effort for Lily to tell her son was lying.

He walked forward and kissed Daphne. His hands went around her waist, and she hooked her legs around him. Evan and Mark couldn't help but watch in interest. Both had very limited experiences with girls, and whatever they thought of Daphne Greengrass, she was also hot. Lily would've scolded her boys if she hadn't been so shocked.

"Of course, if your Head of House wasn't such a git, I wouldn't have had dentition," Harry added flippantly between kisses.

"Potter, this works better when you don't talk," Daphne said.

It was hard to miss Harry's amused look. "As you wish," he answered. Harry kissed Daphne's lips, her head, her neck, eliciting loud moans from the Slytherin. Daphne ran her hands through his hair and down his neck to his collarbone. Harry winced slightly, and Daphne pulled away, though her hand remained on his collarbone. She pulled her shirt slightly, revealing a collarbone that jutted out at an odd angle. It looked broken or fractured somehow.

"Harry," Daphne said gently. Harry tried to avoid her gaze, but it was no use. "What happened?"

"Quidditch," Harry replied flatly.

Daphne raised an eyebrow. Lily felt hers raise along with it. "Quidditch?" she repeated.

"Quidditch," Harry agreed.

Daphne stared at him hard, but he didn't seem to mind. Lily looked over at the real Daphne. She was frowning. "Bullshit," the memory Daphne said.

Harry sighed. "Whatever," he answered, heading towards the door. Daphne blocked his way.

"They say you're never in the Gryffindor dormitory at night," she stated. "Got other company?"

Something in Harry's eyes glinted. "Jealous?" he challenged in a low tone. It seemed to effect real and memory Daphne both.

"Concerned," she managed to get out. "Wherever you go at night, it's the reason you have a broken collarbone and bags under your eyes. I think you don't know what you're doing."

Harry closed himself off in that moment. His eyes darkened. "Believe what you want," he hissed, pulling away from Daphne. "It's what everyone else does anyway."

The memory faded, and they were taken to another spot in Hogwarts. Evan guessed it was still fourth year because Daphne looked exactly the same. She was doing her nightly Prefect patrol in the corridor. Apparently she spotted something because she slid behind a coat of armor, listening carefully. The real Daphne smiled a bit.

"What a Gryffindor move," she mumbled much to James's displeasure. He made a noise of protest, but Lily shushed him, not wanting to miss anything. Evan and Mark snuffled their laughter as best as they could.

The memory Daphne leaned in as she heard a familiar voice. "Potter, you continue to amaze me with your incompetence and arrogance."

"Aw, Snape, I had no idea you felt that way about me." Snape and Harry appeared in sight. Snape was his usual dour self, but Harry looked drained. He seemed to be limping, and there were bags prominent under his eyes.

Snape sneered. "I don't know why Dumbledore think you have the capacity to handle this mission. Don't Gryffindors have better things to do?"

Harry laughed, but it was a bitter sound. "Don't worry, Professor," he said. "I'll have time for this in between Quidditch and pranks." It was a mocking tone and Harry's brothers recognized. It was the tone he used when Slytherins bugged them. Harry always said the best response to an insult was sarcasm.