Chapter 10: First Class

Bill made his way to his first math class. 

Why did he have to go to school? Oh right, it was the law, and he couldn't leave because it would piss Ford off if he stepped off the school grounds. Bill wanted to do well by him, so that would mean following the rules. He hurried up the steps and into the classroom, most of the class was already here. Bill peered around the classroom to find that the only free seat was in front of Rodney. The ex-demon grumbled and sat down, plopping his backpack between his feet.

Rodney poked his back, "I believe today's class will be all about Trigonometry, you'd know all about that, wouldn't you Pointy" Rodney sneered. Bill frowned, but ignored him, trying to stay calm and not use his powers.

"Oh, BuT WhErE's ThE FuN iN ThAt?" the voice asked him.

"Shut up!" he hissed quietly, Rodney snorted "Talking to your imaginary friend, Cipher?" Bill ignored him and hunched over his seat as the teacher walked in.

Halfway through the lesson Rodney was annoying him. With a small flick of his finger he made Rodney's desk lid fly up and hit him in the nose, the teen yelled in pain and stumbled out his desk as blood ran down his face. Bill smirked and tied his shoelaces together and the entire class burst into laughter as Rodney fell over. The teen growled angrily up at him from the floor and Bill shrugged and went back to his math work sheet. 

"NoW ThAts MoRe LiKe iT!"

~

Bill waited for Stanford to drive up to the pavement before he got into the back. "How was school?" Ford asked as he adjusted the rare view mirror. Bill clicked his seat belt into place "Dreadful" he said.

Ford smiled. "Glad to hear it, no powers?"

"No" he lied, looking down at his shirt, 

Ford sighed "Bill?"

The demon grumbled at how easy he had been caught out, "Rodney was annoying me. It was self-defense!" he exclaimed. 

Ford huffed. "What did I say?"

"Not to use my powers."

"And what did you do?"

"Used my powers"

"After you've eaten and done your homework, you go straight to your room for the rest of the evening," Ford said firmly.

"But that's not fair!" Bill cried in annoyance. Ford stopped at the red light "You disobeyed me, it's very fair!" the man said.

"YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER! YOU CAN'T JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO, SIXER!!" Bill yelled, the roots of his hair turning red. Fords grip tightened on the steering wheel at the nickname but he said nothing. Bill crossed his arms and stared grumpily out the window the rest of the way home "He'S WoRrIeD ThAt YoU"rE ChAnGiNg BaCk" the voice said.

Bill looked up at Ford, the man glancing at him now and then in the rare view mirror.

~

Bill slammed the car door shut and stomped across the grass after Stanford, stopping as he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He turned to peer into the forest, eyes narrowed. It felt almost as if someone was watching him. 

"Bill?" Ford asked, "Something wrong?"

He shook his head and continued to the house, Ford shutting the door after him.

~

Late that night Bill was still very much awake, bordem had made him grumpy and coupled with the fact Ford hadn't allowed him dinner as a punishment for using his powers at school his stomach was grumbling, "Stupid Sixer" he muttered as he listened to the crickets chirp outside in the leftover heat from Summer. It was cooling down faster now, what with Autumn coming along. Bill was looking forward to wearing the sweaters Mabel had made for him.

The shack creaked and groaned and Bill listened to them, another creak, this time from the stairway leading up to his room. Bill sat up and looked at the clock. The time read 2 am, 

Who the heck would be up at this hour? 

The ex-demon hopped out of bed and trailed to the door, opening it slowly and peering into the dark hallway, eyes squinting in the darkness. Stan's snoring echoed up from the ground floor. 

Bill yelped as someone grabbed him and he struggled in their grip. Before he could scream they shoved a sickly sweet smelling cloth over his mouth and nose, making him wriggle in their grip. His screams were muffled as he tried to free and/or alert someone of his predicament. But eventually his eyelids grew heavy and the last thing he heard before he passed out was a small chuckle. 

"Got you now, Bill Cipher."