Rules and Application

-RULES; READ BEFORE APPLYING-

1) Be patient with me. Like all the characters in this story, I am a university student and can't just constantly sit and write.

2) Yes, these roles are cliche but please read the description of each character beforehand so there's at least kind of an understanding of the expectations for each role. I also provided an example of a character who I believe fits this role.

3) Make unique characters! It's way more fun when everybody is different. As well, this story NEEDS both male and female characters to function. It wouldn't work if everyone was either a guy or a girl. But saying this, characters don't need to fall into the gender-normative roles. The Jock doesn't necessarily have to be a guy even though it stereotypically is and the Slut can be a male even though it's commonly a female.

4) If you are going to apply multiple times, please max yourself out at two applications. Also, please know that that just because one of your characters was selected, your other character is not guaranteed a spot as well.

5) Be descriptive! I can't read your minds so the more information you give me, the less I'm going to have to ask questions.

6) Please make sure you have read the rules, the form, and the comments below the form before applying. There are certain things you need to know before submitting someone for the camp.

7) Password will be your favourite horror movie or thriller.

8) READ THIS AND UNDERSTAND IT! I'm saying this now and I will reiterate it a few more times because I know it will become a problem if I don't. I am bad at keeping characters alive and deaths are necessary for this story. I will be killing characters. characters will die. To determine everyone that will die, I will be putting all the names into a random generator. I only intend to have three out of eight characters alive at the end of this. That being said, my character will be one of them and there is a way to guarantee that your character will survive. A way that's for me to know and you all to find out.

-ROLES-

-The Best Friend-
Either the love interest or the best friend of the final girl. Usually is a kindhearted character who is intensely loyal to the final girl. They can be assumed to be the killer or responsible in some way. They will likely act in a protective role, though they can usually make it quite far completely unscathed at no skill of their own.
(Trevor from Ouija)

-The Jock-
This character is a superior athlete and excels in any sport they play. They are commonly a physically strong character and are well built. They are often brave and arrogant enough to try to take on the killer head on. They often aren't the brightest character in regards to what to do and what the safest measures are. However, they usually would be the most successful in a one on one fight against the killer.
(Barry from I Know What You Did Last Summer)

-The Slut/Fuckboy-
This character struggles to keep it in their pants. They will sleep with anyone or anything when the opportunity is presented. Much like the Jock, they often aren't a very intelligent character, rather more focused on the idea of how they can get the next person in bed. They may be an avid drinker or partier. There are often jokes that this person has slept with an entire sports team or even the entire school.
(Jay from It Follows)

-The Stoner-
This character is almost constantly high on weed. Often, if the pothead discovers the villain, most people believe it was a hallucination. Not even when the danger is revealed will the pothead give up their habit. This addiction can either lead to their demise or can give them the edge in their individual fight against the enemy.
(Marty from Cabin in the Woods)

-The Scholar-
A highly intelligent character who often excels in studies. They usually display some curious traits about the situation that they have ended up in. They often also are the reason the villain is released due to them testing their knowledge in some ritual or because they wanted to study something they shouldn't. They will sometimes try to study the villain due to their curiosity.
(Hannibal from Silence of the Lambs)

-The Horror Fanatic-
This character lives for the thrill of a scary movie and is often smarter than even the scholar in regards to the situation they're in. They've seen every horror movie and show as well as read every single horror novel. They are often the one to connect the dots that they are trapped in their own horror story and feel very prepared to handle the situation, whether or not they truly are.
(Randy from Scream)

-The Skeptic-
Despite everything happening around them, this character believes everything is a joke or a prank. They struggle to realize they are in real danger, excusing everything for some explanation that could be more likely. As well, they spend the majority of the first half (or longer) of the story trying to convince everyone that they are acting irrationally and are just scared of their own shadows.
(Tim from Oculus)

-FORM-

1. Faceclaim*
2. Name
3. Nickname
4. Pronouns
5. Sexuality
6. Love Interest?
7. Age (Between 20-24)**
8. Role
9. Personality Traits (5+)
10. Backstory
11. Flaws / Quirks
12. Quote
13. Why did they come camping?***
14. Three songs they requested for the playlist
15. Do you understand that I'm bad at keeping characters alive and accept this?
16. Password
17. Tag people

*Keep faceclaims age-appropriate.
**STG if everyone is the same age... Make ages diverse! There are five possible ages!
***If you are creating a male character, please include if you would be okay with me changing their reason to be the person who had the idea. (ex. "Came for the party / yes" or "bullied into coming / no")

-MEET THE FINAL GIRL-

-The Final Girl-
This protagonist is the potential lone survivor who is usually the one responsible for killing the villain to survive. They are often a very "pure" character who follows all the rules. As well, they usually have characteristics from several other characters, such as athleticism and intelligence. They often act as the best decision maker related to how to handle the situation.
(Erin from You're Next)

The Final Girl is in the next chapter

-MEET THE POET AND THE MUSE-

The Poet and The Muse are waiting two chapters ahead.