2. Who am I?

When Dong Fu opened his eyes, he saw a white ceiling. He smelled the strange disinfectant and the smell of medicines. He hated it, but he was glad he was alive. The sunlight reflecting through the windows hurt his eyes. His body was feeling numb, his head throbbing in pain and he felt very thirsty.

He tried lifting his head to take a look around. There was an IV connected to his hand, various monitors showing different things, blinking red and green.

There was another bed next to his, a young boy around seven was sitting with his legs crossed, he gazed at Dong Fu with his cute almond eyes. His head was shaved clean, there was a scar on his head, which was healed but there was a little pink color around its edges. His heart ached looking at this young baby in pain.

Dong Fu smiled at the boy, and the boy smiled back. He was feeling a little thirsty. He saw steel thermos on the table next to the bed. He tried to reach out for the water bottle on the small bedside table but his muscles felt lifeless. He could barely move his hands.

The little boy quickly got down from his bed and pressed the bell to call the nurse.

Dong Fu recalled his last memory. He was going for an important meeting, he felt chest pains and fell on the ground. The last thing he saw was Sam's fearful and panicked face.

'That heart attack was so painful.... Where is this nutcase Sam anyway?' he wondered.

The nurse quickly rushed in, she saw that Dong Fu was awake and smiled.

"It's good to see you back Mr. Sui. You got us all worried." She looked at his chart and smiled again, "The doctor will be here shortly. I will inform your aunt, she will be here soon with you."

'Did she just call me Sui? Which aunt was she talking about?' Dong Fu wondered.

He tried whispering, "water."

The nurse poured water into a glass and helped him drink. After which he again drifted back to sleep.

When he woke up again, he looked at the beautiful, tall woman dressed in a red floral dress sitting on a chair next to his bed. The woman saw him wake up and her eyes lit up in excitement.

She held his hands tightly, "Oh, my baby you are awake. I thought you would leave my side too. Sniff.. The doctor said you are all okay now, all the tests are normal. I am so happy."

She waited for him to reply or have some sort of expressions. Looking at his blank expression, she asked worriedly, "Sui, How are you feeling? You have been sleeping for quite a long time. Does it hurt anywhere? Can you move your hands and legs? Do you want to sit?"

Being bombarded with multiple questions, Dong Fu's head started spinning, but then again he wondered, 'Sui? Who the hell is Sui? Even the nurse before had called me Sui. Is that a nick name given to me? So strange.'

Dong Fu starred at the woman who was looking at him affectionately. He felt a little awkward, "I am feeling okay, my right leg is aching though."

"Sui, you have a mild fracture on your right leg due to the accident, the doctor said there is nothing major and you will be fine. I should have never let you stay by yourself." She sniffed.

Dong Fu's brain was running out of oil, he couldn't understand what this lady was talking about, "Who are you and why does everyone keep calling me Sui? Also what accident are you talking about?"

The expression on the woman's face was a complete quizzical, she had her eyes and mouth wide open, she then closed her mouth and tried to say something.. "I.. You.. You don't remember?"

"What do you mean I don't remember? Of course I remember, I just don't know you or why you keep calling me Sui. Where is my family, they should be here with me." Dong Fu said.