Chapter 1: The beginning

Year 2012:

Two men in large suits, used for warmth, open the frozen door. The discovery of a large object in ice has just been discovered, and the government needed to see what was inside. As the scientist climb down the rope, they explore the interior. Then one stops, gets down on his knee, and brushes away some of the ice on a shining abject. 

"Lieutenant! What is it?" Asks the first man.

"My God. Base, get me a line to the Colonel." Says the second, standing over the first with a flashlight. 

"Its 3:00 am sir."

"I don't care what time it is. This one's waited long enough."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 1943:

There in the night sky; the dark clouds loomed over the small village. Hydra has invaded this peaceful place, all on the orders of their leader. Johann Schmitt and his follower were on a quest, a quest to win the war. Down the doors to the temple go, ruble strewn everywhere, killing one of the keepers. The second keeper stands his ground and refuses to give up what his opponent seeks, but alas, he looks to its hiding place and gives it away. Schmidt walks to the wall and moves his hand along the snake and tree engraved in the stone. As the secret chamber door opens, the Tesseract glows in all its power.

"You have not seen this, have you?" Schmidt asks.

"It is not for the eyes of ordinary men" The old keeper exclaims.

"Exactly," He takes tesseract and walks away. "Give the order of fire."

"Fool! You cannot control the power you hold. You will burn!"

"I already have," And with that, Schmidt takes out his gun and bang!  hes shot down. 'Now' he thinks, 'I can win this war!'

America, 1943:

In a room filled with chairs, men stand and sit, waiting for their names to be called; all of them waiting to be enlisted into the army. As another name is caller, he walks to the register, his chest bare, ready for enlistment. The doctor gives a small glance, and isn't impressed with what he sees. 

"Rogers..." The 'man' before him looks like that of a scrawny boy, nothing but flesh and bone; and no taller than most of the woman there. "What'd your father die of?"

"Mustard gas," He replies immediately, as if rehearsing and expecting this question. "He was in the 107th infantry. I was hoping I could be assigned-"

"Mother?"The doctor has no interest in what he wants.

"She was a nurse, in a TB ward. Got hit. Couldn't shake it." 

"Sorry, son." The doctor looks through is long list of physical health problems.

"C'mon just give me a chance."

"You'd be ineligible on your asthma alone." 

"Is there anything you can do?" Rogers ask, not wanting to give up.

"I'm doing it," He takes the stamp and Steve Rogers is denied again, with a 4F. "I'm saving your life." And with that Rogers gets dressed, and leaves. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe, 1943:

There stood a woman, tall and brunette, holding a firearm, aiming at her target. 

"Hold." Instructed the sergeant. "Aim" She sets her sights right in between the eyes of the dummy dressed in uniform; the band of Hitler on his arm is unmistakable. "Fire!" She releases the trigger and it hits dead center where she aimed. She smirks to herself as her instructor walks by. "Good work, Carter. Perfect shot."