Chapter 4: The War

SSR Bunker 1944:

Days have gone by since the rescue mission of the 107th infantry. Today, Captain Sousa was to receive a medal of valor, but he never showed. He and Rogers were in the bunker in New York mapping out Hydras basses scattered around the globe. 

"Its not much, but I only got a quick look." Rogers says as he finishes marking on the map, and another agent takes it away.

"That makes two of us. Damn bombs came outta no where." Sousa says. Steve quickly glares in his direction; not knowing Peggy was watching. She squints and slyly touches Sousa's arm.

"Well nobody's perfect." She says. Steve looks at her and smiles, thinking shes talking to him, and watches her walk away. Daniel watches, smirks, and shakes his head. 

"You're wasting your time, Rogers." Daniel says. He grabs some files and starts to follow Peggy.

"What are you talking about?"

"With Agent Carter. Its not gonna happen, trust me."

"And how would you know that? Just because she might have shot you down doesn't mean she'll do it to me." And he storms off, following her faster and speaks to Philips. The only thing Daniel can do is laugh. 'Guy has no idea what hes talking about' he thinks, and then follows.

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that wasn't on the map." As Roger explains this, Daniel shows up behind Peggy and lightly scratches her back. She arches it and gives a low moan, but quickly clears her throat to cover it up. Thankfully no one noticed. She lightly bumps Daniel and he smiles. Steve glances at them, and glares at Sousa as he whispers to Peggy. 

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6." Colonel Philips says. She and Daniel look at him and follow, so does Steve. "I want every Allie eyeball looking for that main Hydra base."

"What about us?" Carter asks.

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass." He takes a file from another lady Agent, a blond woman. She looks at Sousa and Rogers and winks. Steve smiles and Daniel looks down and shuffles closer to Peggy; and Peggy glares. "What'd you say, you two. You found the map and wrote it all down. Think you can wipe Hydra off of it?" The two super soldiers glance and each and nod, although Steve is less than enthusiastic. 'It should just be me, not him' He thinks. 

"Yes sir, we'll need a team." Rogers says.

"We're already putting together the best men."

"In all due respect, sir, so have we." Steve looks over to Daniel, his brows furrow, then he gets it; the men from the 107th. They nod once more and Daniel walks away to get his things, as he does this Steve looks at Peggy and smiles. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An SSR Office:

As Daniel Sousa packs away some of his belongings and cleans up some files, Peggy walks in and grabs him from behind.

"Shit!" He turns around and find Peggy laughing hysterically. "Jesus, Peg! You scared the hell outta me." She continues to laugh.

"I"m sorry darling," She rushes up to hug him, but he resists. "Oh is that how you want to play it?" The two continue their playful tiff and grab and tickle the other. He laughs and she squeaks. "Ah! Daniel!" 

"Shhh," He laughs. "Be quiet Peg, someone'll hear." He flipped her around and picked her up from her back side causing her to squeak; and she wasn't expecting it.