Epilogue

You slipped out from under the covers, trying not to wake Tom. It was still quite early in the morning and it had been a long night. You picked the shirt that Tom had been wearing yesterday up from the floor and pulled it over your head before stepping into the bathroom. Yesterday had been quite a day. After spending the whole weekend moving yours and Tom's stuff to the new house, with the help of both your families and movers, of course, you had enjoyed your first dinner in your new home. The house was significantly bigger than the flat you had shared before and you could see yourself starting a family and growing old in this place. Tom had cooked for you and because the dining table had still not arrived you had sat on one of the moving boxes, pasta plate in hand when Tom got down on one knee. Asking you to marry him.

For the longest time marriage had always been something that you felt pressured into by your family. Even if they only did it because they wanted you to have your own happily ever after. You always thought that you'd someday get married because that's just what happens, right? But since being with Tom, you'd found yourself thinking about marriage in a whole different light. You genuinely wanted to spend the rest of your life with him. And even though it was technically just a piece of paper, it meant so much more, and you wanted to take that step with him.

You stared at the diamond ring on your finger. Surreal.

"Having second thoughts?" Tom mumbled wrapping his arms around you from behind, his warm hands moving under your shirt, touching your skin.

"Never." You replied and Tom placed a kiss on your shoulder. You turned around in his arms, his hands slipping from your waist to your butt, his fingers running along the lace-trimmed edges of your panties.

"Are you excited to tell your family?" He questioned as he pulled you closer, placing a kiss on your lips.

"My mums gonna ball her eyes out, she's gonna be so thrilled." You smiled at the thought. "And I think dad's gonna be excited, too!"

"Well, your Dad already knows."

"He does?"

"I had to get his blessing before asking you." He shrugged his shoulders with a small smile. And it made you feel all warm inside.

***

A few hours later you arrived at Kate and Daniel's place. They were hosting a little family get together and you couldn't wait to share the news. Kate opened the door with a warm smile on her face.

"There you are! C'mon in guys. Mum and Dad are already here." She motioned for you to enter the room and as soon as you did you heard quick footsteps approaching from the living room. Little Ella came rushing towards the two of you the biggest smile on her face.

"Uncle Tom!" the two-and-a-half-year-old exclaimed raising her arms up in the air. Tom quickly picked her up and placed her on his hip.

"Hi Ella, how're you doing?" he asked making the little girl giggle.

"Very good." she started playing with the collar of Tom's shirt. "Draw with me?"

"I'd love to draw with you! Where's your drawing stuff? In the living room?" with that he walked towards the living room with the toddler clutching onto him.

Ella was born about nine months after the wedding, if that wasn't a successful wedding night, and she had been fixated on Tom ever since. He was her favourite person besides her parents. You couldn't really blame her though.

"She didn't even acknowledge me." You laughed and turned to Kate who was also grinning. "Promise me you'll like me more than Tom." You addressed Kate's baby bump making her laugh.

"Ella probably won't let Tom near the baby in fear of losing his attention." She said as you both entered the living room. "Your chances are good." You nudged her with a roll of your eyes before greeting everyone. Daniel and your dad were deep in conversation and only looked up for a moment to say hello, immediately continuing their conversation. So you sat down on the couch next to your mum, you both watched as Tom drew with Ella.

"She adores him." Your mum said and you nodded. Every time you watched Tom with Ella you wondered what it would be like to have a family of your own with Tom. He'd be such an amazing dad. You hadn't really talked about having children, not seriously anyway. Shortly after Ella was born you had talked about it briefly. So you knew that he definitely wanted children. He had grown up with three brothers, so his dream was to have at least two kids, but he wouldn't be opposed to more. "So...when can I expect some grandchildren from the two of you?" Your mum raised her eyebrows and you lightly slapped her thigh.

"Mum!"

"I'm only joking. Kind of. No pressure, love." She smiled softly and turned her gaze back to her granddaughter. You wrapped your arm around her in a side hug and placed a kiss on her cheek. Your mum absolutely adored being a grandma, it's as if she'd been born for it. Kate had to have a word with her every once in a while so she wouldn't spoil her too much.

You walked into the kitchen to help your sister with dinner and half an hour later the whole family was gathered around the dining table. You leaned closer to Tom so you could whisper into his ear.

"Should we do it now, or wait until after dinner?" Tom shrugged his shoulders.

"However you wanna do it, darling." He kissed your cheek with a smile and you nodded. Might as well get it over with. You cleared your throat and contemplated on knocking your fork against your glass but that seemed a little much. Tom reached for your hand under the table.

"So...Tom and I have a little announcement." You said and everyone turned to look at you with wide eyes.

"We're getting married." You said and raised your hand to show off your ring at the same time as Tom said: "She said yes." And for a moment you could've heard a needle drop before everyone started talking at the same time. As predicted your mum was teary-eyed, so was your sister. Ella didn't really understand what was going on and Daniel pat Tom's shoulder while your dad smiled gently. The food was now forgotten as everyone congratulated the two of you and your mum already started questioning you about what you wanted the wedding to be like. When everyone had calmed down a bit you told them how Tom had proposed the night before. Everyone was so happy for you. And you felt like you were the luckiest girl in the world, surrounded by the people you loved. You couldn't wait to spend the rest of your life with Tom.

Who would've thought you'd be getting married to your fake boyfriend?

THE END

Thank you so much for reading 💕