Life Only Gets Better

You know when you wake up on a school day and just feel... strange? Like you knew something neither good nor bad was about to occur, like a surprise test but something you know you studied for? I don't know how to explain it other than the feeling of butterflies in your stomach or your heart skipping a beat for something uncalled for, in the future and not yet predicted...

Then frustration when you try your best to dissect the meaning of this strange feeling, but all you get is another bout of confusion mere seconds after your first...

Okay, this is starting to make no sense, why not describe to you why this feeling has occurred? Get straight to the story huh? Well okay then...

**~**~**~**~**~**

"One foot in front of the other Ravenna, Life only gets better"

I groan.

"Mum, if I wanted a lecture first thing in the morning, I would have asked to see my English teacher" I growl out in annoyance as I pick my bag out of the trunk.

"Well maybe you sh-" I shut the door, blocking out anything she was ready to say to me and begin to walk away from the car. The sound of the window sliding down into its strange mechanical pocket thingy sounds from behind me as I ready myself for what will come next. "Love you too!"

I blink in surprise at the small outburst, not having predicted the nice statement instead of another lecture, I shake my head and laugh slightly before turning back to her and blowing a kiss. I watch from a distance as she shakes her midnight black head of hair in a playful gesture and reverses out of the empty parking lot. A sigh escapes my lips as she disappears around the bend, taking any and all the happiness with her as she leaves me at the school for yet another excruciating day of life.

It's that fact that I get to school at 6 am every morning that tickles my sleep deprived brain, leaving me with that frustrating sight of hate toward the school. Though I think this occurs to more people than just myself, it's sad to think that even though we each have a different mind, body and soul... It's reality that makes us all one of the same, never being able to tell us apart from the other as we walk around like zombies, drained of any sort of interaction thanks to the new and improved technology range at our very finger tips.

I ascend the steps in a great mind of reluctance, having examined every inch, nook and cranny of the school that had held me for a second decade of school; as if primary wasn't enough... Sadly, it wasn't so that's how I, and hundreds of others, ended in another round of 'learn or be left behind to be squished under the heavy structures of idiocy and government democracy'.

I guess it's fate that must have brought this upon my indifferent life, it had to be me that inherited the gene in which I see strange things hidden within the shadows, or feeble dreams and images of a silhouette; a boy standing against the sunset as large wings shoot from his back and stretch out before my eyes, then the sky will turn a blood red and fill with black clouds with angry faces situated on them. Before I would know it, I would have awoken from my sleep or daydream with a gasp, cold sweat beading my forehead with a strange sting covering my upper back in an uncomfortable presence.

No one really believed in my feeble story, they would nod and say they understood sure but I knew from they're eyes that they thought I was crazy, messed up in the head; I'm not sure if you've ever felt what that feels like but all I can say is that it feels.... Lonely.

In my state of unawareness, I trip and fall to the ground with tears clouding my vision, but not from the pain that came with the fall -which, might I say, hurt like hell- but from the pain that radiated through my heart at my thoughts. With a growl of frustration, I pick up my books and papers that had scattered over the ground in a rush as I hope to get to the bathroom, knowing the small amount of eyeliner and mascara I had applied first thing this morning, was running down my face in ugly streaks. Though I was the only one at school due to my early arrival, I still felt as if I was being watched, observed with soul eating eyes that stung the back of my head.