Prologue: Dylan's point of view

He was nervous while waiting for his mom and dad to read over the letter he received from MingDe, the exclusive college. He was biting on his nails hoping he got the Basketball scholarship that his buddy Yue helped him apply for. Yue was his buddy has far back as he could remember and where she already received her letter based on her top grades. He knew his only shot being going to college would be for his ability to play sports.

At first he didn't want to even try for the scholarship, as his grades where average at best and only because his buddy Yue helped him study...more by force then anything else. He knew based on his grades alone would not help him get a paid in full scholarship but his ability to play sports, especially basketball according to Yue might give him the edge he needed.

He was so nervous in his train of thought that he was suddenly brought back into the families kitchen when his mom screamed.

"Mom,is everything okay?" Dylan asked  almost jumping out of the stool he was sitting in.

"You got the scholarship" both his mom and dad stated at once in an excited and proud voice.

"Congrats! Son,now we don't have to worry about tuition costs" his father proclaimed.

Dylan knew that tuition fees would be the deciding factor as his parents owned and operated a small restaurant. His parents worked hard and they lived comfortably and while he knew they would do everything they could to send him to college, he could feel that their burden was lifted with the news the letter brought today.

He couldn't wait to tell Yue the great news and that they would be going to college together and was excited that their friendship could continue while going to MingDe.
------------------------------------------------------
This is my first attempt in writing so please bare with me while I find my groove and writing style.  I don't know how this will turn out but willing to give it a go. Please leave your comments--good or bad as it will be a teachable lesson as I go.

Thanks