Four

Two glasses of sweetened bourbon later, Geoff was still there. Siting at the bar and making small talk with Dallon for the last hour.

Geoff places his glass down.

"I better dust out. They probably think I got copped or somethin'" Geoff laughed as he stood up from the stool.

"Hey sheik"

Geoff turned around quickly and before his eyes was the boy (who he now new was called Ecstasy) that was on stage just moments before.

Geoff opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

The boy laughed.

"I saw you watching the show earlier. Did ya see anything you like?" He smiled, batting his eyelashes.

Geoff looked at his face, the boy was beautiful.

"You're gorgeous." Was all that managed to leave his lips.

The blonde blushed, "Thanks bruno. You're not too bad yourself." He paused, "I'm open the next hour, if you're interested." He slid a finger down the brunet's face and down his chest before looking back up with him with big eyes.

"I-I would but uh, I gotta get back to my drum." Geoff said honestly.

The blonde grabbed his hand, "You must be coming back soon, right?"

Geoff was in a trance.

"Of course, doll." He smiled.

~

"Where the hell you've been, man?! This place is blowing up tonight and you've been gone the last two and a half hours!" Alex shouted over the noise.

"Got held up over there."

"What, you got nailed or something?" Alex scoffed.

"No, uh, I'll tell you later."

"Fine. But help me out here!"

Geoff hurried behind the counter and began taking orders with the other man.

Carson's bar was much less glamorous than the one a few blocks down. Walls were painted black, big wood-panelled bar, small stage for musical entertainment. It was just very standard. He figured people liked it because it had a "simple" and "classy" feel to it.

The typical evening was met with a bunch of burly men ranging from 20 to 60 years old sitting around, talking, drinking, smoking or all of through the large furnished room.

Geoff was good at his job though. He was charming and smooth and was appealing to almost everyone he made eye contact with. He knew these streets inside and out and could easily get off without a scratch. He was a seemingly cool guy anyone would want to be friends with.

Tonight was the first night he had ever lost his cool, even just for a moment.

~

It was nearing 3:00am and Geoff and Alex stood at the empty bar, polishing it down.

"So, now do you wanna tell me why you were gone so long? You're usually 30 minutes tops" Alex said.

Geoff looked around the empty room, "Everyone's gone? Carson?"

"Yea, everyone left a half hour ago. Carson never showed. What is it?"

"Can't tell anybody bout this, got it? Only telling you cause we've known each other for years."

The shaggy brunet nodded, "Yes, okay, now out with it!"

Geoff took in a breath, "It was a gay nightclub."

Alex furrowed his eyebrows, "Ye, so what?"

Geoff looked down, "There was this guy, a hoofer. A-and he came up to me 'fore I left and Alex I swear I choked on my words."

The other man laughed, "Geoff Wigington? Losing his cool? Never thought I'd see the day!"

"Alex this is serious! I- Fuck, I mean, I've thought about it but never really considered that I might be-"

"Gay?"

Geoff sighed, letting the stress in his voice die out.

"Yeah, gay."

"I dunno man, seems like you might be."

Geoff looked at him, eyes wide and a conflicted and fear on his face.

"Look, it's not a bad thing." He came over, patting Geoff's shoulder comfortingly "Maybe I'm before my time but bein' real I think people can do whatever and be whoever the fuck they want and I don't think people should give so much of a shit on how someone else lives their life." He paused, "Plus, I've kind of been betting on this for years, Jack owes me money."

Geoff stood there for a moment, not expecting those words to come from his friend's mouth.

"I think those're some of the wisest words that have ever come out of your mouth, Alex."

Alex shrugged, "Eh, what're friends for?"

Geoff smiled, but only for a moment before his face dropped again.

"What's up?"

"I... Chloe..."

Alex's eyes widened and he let out a laugh of disbelief.

"Chloe? As in grade school Chloe?! Man, you're still seeing her?"

"Y-yeah, what made you think I ever stopped?" Geoff looked at him, confused.

"I dunno, man. Haven't heard 'er name come out of your mouth in ages."

Geoff thought for a moment, Alex wasn't wrong. He rarely ever brought Chloe up to anyone anymore, not even his best friend! But had it really been that long since Alex had heard her name? He was sure she talked about him to her friends all the time...

"So what're you gonna do?"

Geoff shrugged, "I guess just not let her find out about it. Tell 'er Carson's been holding me back late."

Alex chuckled darkly, "That's the spirit."

The two were quiet for the next few minutes as they cleaned.

Geoff kept looking at Alex expectantly and the brunet laughed when he finally caught his glance.

"You wanna tell me about him, huh?"

"Man, where do I start?"

The next ten minutes were spent with Geoff enthusiastically explaining everything about this exotic dancer. How nervous, infatuated, and somewhat turned he made him feel.

"And I'm tellin' you, no one's ever drawn me in so fast before, especially not a guy!"

Alex smiled at the giddiness of his friend.

"Did you ever learn his name?"

"Bartender says they call him Ecstasy."

"Huh, wonder how he got the name." Alex inquired.

"I'm just gonna have ta find out."