Part 2

I walk into the hospital room, my eyes focused on the floor not wanting Tom to see me. I'm like a child who thinks that if you can't see them then they can't see you. The nurse closes the door behind me with a sympathetic smile.

I take a few small steps before raising my gaze to meet Tom Holland, his face scratched and slightly swollen. A breathing mask covers his mouth so he can't speak, but I can see the confusion in his chocolate brown eyes. I take a deep sigh before beginning our complicated story.

As I explain the events from earlier, I move across the room to the chair sitting beside his bed. "I was the only one who stayed which is why I wanted to make sure you were all right." I finish and when I look up, his gaze is soft and with a small wince of pain, he slowly lifts his hand.

The hand he raises is the same one he had held onto me with and by his expression, that is what he's thinking of. "That was me." I say with a small nod as I try not to cry.

He looks so pitiful in this hospital bed not being able to speak. His injuries aren't too severe but he'll need to be in the hospital for a week and when he is released he'll need to be monitored.

"Okay, this is how this is going to work. I'll ask a few yes or no questions. To say yes, raise your eyebrows and to say no make it look like your angry. Sound good?" With that his eyebrows raise and I can see a small smile underneath the oxygen mask.

"Do you have anyone to stay with here?" I ask as I think of where he would go. When his face suddenly turns angry, there is a pit in my stomach. I've just now met him and now I feel obligated to host him. Something is drawing me to help him and I'm not sure what. I trust him already as he is in his helpless state, but does he trust me?

"I know this is a bit sudden, but the doctor said you need to be monitored when you're taken out of the hospital. I can't leave you to be helpless, Tom, if I may call you that?" He raises his eyebrows but I can see his confusion as to what comes next.

"Well, Tom, I'm y/n and I was thinking maybe you could stay at my place while you're healing since I have an extra room. You don't have to answer now! I'll let the week play out and when you get that mask off, you can interrogate me all you want." His face stays still and he doesn't have to do anything to let me know that he'd think about it.

"Is it alright if I rest my elbows on the bed?" I ask as the chair I'm in is not very comfortable. I hear a muffled laugh before he winces in severe pain. I sit straight as I eye him to make sure he's alright. When he raises his eyebrows, I rest down on the bed as we look into each other's eyes.

"Is it hard to try and not speak?" I ask and with a close of his eyes and as he gets a surprised look on his face, I think that I would feel the same. "Well in two days you'll be able to! I bet you're excited for that." He looks to me with a pained look in his eyes, not a physical pain but emotional.

"You're an actor right? So talking is a big part of your life that has been temporarily taken from you." He raises his eyebrows as it seems I'm following exactly what he was trying to say.

"Tom, you'll be ready to to get back to acting before you know it! Honestly, you'll probably forget all of this happened and even forget me." His face grows an extra furious expression. I tilt my head on my elbows as I look up at him.

"You won't forget about the accident?" I ask and again he says no and I shift in my seat. "You'll not forget about me?" I ask after a moment's hesitation.
                                      * * * * * * *
Philip walks past their room to look in seeing y/n invested in what Tom wants to try and say. As he sees their way of communication he lets a small smile form on his lips. He knows that they just met but already he wants to protect her and hopefully show her how much he already cares for her.
                                      * * * * * * *
Tom's eyebrows shoot up and I look down at his hand covered in bandages is opened wide. I let out a small laugh before putting my hand in his.

"I guess it's hard to forget your guardian angel, huh?" I tease and I see a smile form on his covered lips. In this moment I feel like I can go on for hours talking to Tom even though he can't say anything back.
~ ~ ~
Thank you all for reading!

For early updates go check out my Instagram page @mxtii._.edit

Continue to read, vote and comment! It means for than you think!
~Aoife