Slip Up

Kirishima had always made a point that he was always willing to listen. No matter what, he would never not have time for his friends if they ever needed him. Even after high school, he kept up this unspoken promise flawlessly.

The fact that he didn't ditch Bakugou as soon as he had the chance was beyond the blonde completely. If anything, they were still managing to just get closer and closer.

Maybe Bakugou went to Kirishima as a personal trainer for more than just the friend discount.

But now, at this moment, all the blonde can think of is his own mind. After not getting the promotion he was so set to get at work and the argument he'd had with his mother on the same day, he was really fucking feeling shit right now.

It was just impossible to tell anyone, to say anything. Whenever he may have tried, his throat closed up, mind went blank, a certain feeling of something close to guilt seeping into his bloodstream.

The worst part was that it's always been like this. He wasn't even raised in that kind of environment. His parents always reassured him in their own ways, he knew that, he knew he could go to them about whatever whenever, but that didn't help ease the burden that it felt like he was putting on them.

It was so damn frustrating, feeling as though he was living a lie although he never even stated what they believed to be true in the first place. Every now and then, it just became too much, weighing down on him more than he'd normally be able to admit.

Bakugou was not a nice person. Over the years he had certainly changed, but to his core, he was convinced he would always be the same slightly irritable, sensitive and weak mess that he was always convinced he was.

Even after leaving his genuine insults and constant scowls behind, the fact that he ever acted like that left him with a heavy conscious that was hard to deal with sometimes. On top of the other things, it all piled up.

Although he'd had a bit to drink, he couldn't speak. Couldn't even say out loud to himself what he wanted so desperately to be able to tell someone else.

Suddenly, his phone lit up with a specific chime, the one corresponding with Kirishima's number. It was a nice surprise.

Shitty hair 21:05
Hey bro! We still on for tomorrow?

Without really thinking, the blonde grabbed the phone, beginning to type a reply. It made him wonder.

He had such an issue with speaking his feelings, but writing them down could be different. Typing on a keyboard? He could do that even when at his worst.

Me21:08
Yeah. Don't be late.

Wow, it was surprisingly easy, actually. It came so naturally. Maybe if he tried and thought for a minute, he could-

Wait a second,

He was genuinely thinking of a plan of action? To open up a bit more to his friend of years? And it seemed this easy?

Something must've been up. Blame it on the alcohol, but it seemed like such a smart idea in the moment.

He couldn't bring himself to do it though, not yet. Kirishima was clearly at his phone, he needed to wait until later. The red head had a knack to reply as soon as he read the text, and Bakugou thought that even himself would need time before hearing a response to that.

God damnit, he was being stupid again. Kirishima was probably the only one to know that Bakugou would think too much and that's only because he had picked up on it over the years through small signs and body language.