Christmas lights

Have fun reading!

***********************************

It's Christmas day, everyone is gathered around the Christmas tree. The children are all sitting on the floor and opening their presents while their parents are sitting on the couches, waiting to see the face expressions of their children. The smell of my mom's famous cinnamon rolls makes me stand up and go into the kitchen. There on the counter is a plate full with cinnamon rolls. I know my mom said that I'm not allowed to eat, because they are for the guests but c'mon it's just one. I'm sure that she won't even notice that one is missing. Just one bite and I already have a sweet explosion in my mouth.

I can't explain how much I love this time of year. Christmas is not all about the presents, it's about the time that you get to spend with your whole family, the snow, the Christmas lights that light up the streets, the Christmas tree that has that beautiful, fresh scent and it's also about that time when you're too cold to go outside so you just sit in front of the fireplace and read a book or drink a hot chocolate.

My thoughts are interrupted by my little sister Abigail, who's begging me to go outside with her, so she can play with her best friend Martha. I look down at her and like always I swear that I can see my mom. Abigail looks exactly like our mother, while me on the other hand look exactly like our father, not that I'm complaining but I would rather have her green eyes than my dad's brown eyes.

Abigail is beginning to lose her patience, so I pick her up and put her over my shoulder, she lets out a few squeals but it's nothing that my ears can't take. I bring her back in her room so she can put on her winter clothes. I also take my winter coat and then after telling our parents that we are heading out for a while, we go outside.

Martha is already waiting for my sister. When they see each other they both begin to squeal an like I said it's nothing that my ears can't handle. The girls begin to talk about their presents and how amazing this Christmas is.

After a while they both decide to go over to Martha's, so I decide to drive through town. 

The music is blasting through the speakers. I can really feel that is finally Christmas. It begins to snow, I look at the passing houses, they are all so bright and colorful it's amazing. I'm so caught up admiring the houses and feeling the music that I don't see that the traffic light turned red. CRASH. PAIN. BOOM. SIRENS. BOOM. MORE PAIN. BOOM. BLACK.

Ugh...I wake up all sweaty, I'm trembling. I gasp for air but it's like there's no air left for me. I try to open my eyes, hoping to see the daylight...but as I open my eyes I lose my hope like every other morning, because all I can see is black. I'm blind.

*********************************

If you liked it please leave a vote! 

Love you guys and see you next week with another short story.

<3