𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 4

Sarah sat on the wooden chair in the middle of Tyler's messy and cold kitchen. She was still wearing the bloody leather jacket, and her dirty jeans. Opposite her sat Tyler, with gauze and bandage and stitches on his face. Sarah had her hand on Tyler's face, running her thumb over the rough bandage. Tyler smiled at her touch.

"Thank you for taking care of me." Tyler said.

Tyler never said thank you, hell he didn't let people take care of him. Sarah knew this, and for one second she thought it was the anaesthetic making him uncontrollable of what he was saying. Nevertheless, Sarah felt special, despite Tyler's idea that "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. We are all the same decaying organic matter as everything else.".

"You don't need to thank me. I wouldn't have just let you suffer."

"Can you stay here tonight?" Tyler was acting different.

"Yeah sure. I'm hungry, do you want some toast?"

"No, I'm alright. I feel weird after that hospital. God, I hate hospitals. Give me the fucking creeps."

"And you acting all sweet and saying 'thank you' is giving me the fucking creeps but I'm not complaining." Sarah laughed. Tyler did a fake pout, causing them both to laugh. Sarah proceeded to make toast over the hob, and smear lots of butter on it, whilst Tyler sung a song and took his boots and jacket off. After eating her toast, Tyler took his shirt off. Sarah almost choked on her last bite of toast.

"Calm down dear, I'm not taking anything else off." Tyler laughed. Sarah blushed, and kept insisting that she wasn't thinking that but Tyler kept laughing it off and winding her up, by insisting that Sarah wanted his pants off.

"Well I can just go home and not stay here with you." Sarah said, crossing her arms. Tyler's mood instantly changed.

"No no! I was only joking! Come on, stay!"

"Hmmm now who's the needy one?" Sarah laughed.

"Yeah yeah, that's right I'm needy. I'm a poor, beaten up guy." Tyler sarcastically said, pouting dramatically. He left the kitchen, and as soon as he was out of sight, he tugged his jeans off and went upstairs for a bath. Sarah cleaned up the kitchen, and went upstairs to make the bed, because she wanted a good sleep. She was tired. Tyler entered the room silently, in a towel, whilst Sarah was looking through a pile of books. He poked in between her ribs, scaring her and tickling her at the same time. Sarah jumped and screamed.

"Oh my God, Tyler! Don't do that!" Sarah panted. She hit his arm as he laughed and laughed.

"Can I borrow some of your clothes? I don't want to sleep in these and I'm cold. Please?" Sarah asked.

"Ya sure! You can use the bath if you want too, you got blood smeared all over ya. You look like ya fucking killed someone." Tyler chuckled.

"Thanks."

Tyler went and got a large t-shirt for her, and just as Sarah turned to leave the room, she pulled Tyler's towel down, so it fell to his feet whilst her back was turned and ran to the bathroom.

"Hey! That's cheating!" Tyler called.

••••