Perfect

Betty's POV

Friends with benefits? What!? Well, it's not exactly like that. I want to be with her, but it would ruin my reputation. My mom expects me to be this perfect child. The perfect daughter. The perfect friend. The perfect sister. The perfect student. Just this perfect person that I can't really be. And I'm not gonna be like that liking girls, but I don't really care.

Right now I'm sitting with Jughead and Archie at our lunch table. I'm just waiting for Veronica. "Uhh, Betty, are you okay?" Archie asked. I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, why?" I asked. "Because you haven't touched your food, and you've been staring at cafeteria door for over ten minutes." I smiled and laughed nervously. "Uhm yeah I'm fine." I told him and looked back at the door. The two boys went back to talking. Then, Veronica walked through the cafeteria doors.

Veronica's POV

I walked into the cafeteria and felt eyes on me. I looked over and saw Betty looking at me. I smiled and walked over to the table and sat next to Betty. I noticed as she slightly bit her lip. I just smiled at the two guys. "Where have you been?" Archie asked smiling. I know he likes me, but I'm not looking for him. What I'm looking for is sitting right next to me. "I was talking with a few people." And as I said this I felt something slowly running up my thigh. I glaced down and saw Betty's hand slowly going up my thigh. I looked at her and she smiled at me. "Are you two okay?" Jughead asked. We both looked at him. "Yes, we're fine." She said removing her hand from my thigh. I'm trying to hold myself back from kissing her. Her lips are just so addicting. "Why?" I asked. I looked at Archie who was staring at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at Jughead. "Well, you two are just a thing weird today." I shrugged. "I don't know what your talking about." I said. He sighed. "Whatever." "Hey do you guys wanna meet at Pop's later?" Archie asked. "Uh, I don'tknow Arch. I'm not really in the mood for that today." Betty said. "I'm in." I said and smiled as she looked at me and back to Archie. "You know what, I'll go." She said. I slowly creeped my hand closer to hers. We started to hold hands under the table so nobody would notice. "What about you, Jug?" Betty asked. He sighed. "Sure." He said.

After school
Betty's POV

I walked home alone and the moment I walked into the house I was greeted by my mom. "Betty! Your home." She said. I nodded. "You forgot these today." She said holding up a bottle of pills. I looked down, rolled my eyes and looked back up at her. "Betty, I want you to stay focused." She said. "Why?" I asked. My hands were in fists. "So I can be my perfect child?" I asked as she hande the bottle of pills. I didn't take them. "What you want me to be? Perfect." I said annoyed. "What? Nobody says you have to be perfect." My mom said. I rolled my eyes. "Nobody has to say it, mom!" I said. My hands still in tight fists. "Betty--" I stopped her. "No, mom! I'm going to Pop's now. I'm meeting the others there." I said. "The others including Veronica?" She asked in more of a statement. I nodded. "Yes." I said and left. I shut the door and looked down at my hands. My nails went through the skin. Just then my phone buzzed.

Veronica❤

V: Are coming to Pop's?

B: Yeah, I'm on my way.

V: Alright. Love ya, bestie!

B: Love you, too!

If only she knew I wanted it to be more than bestfriends. Well, I'm slightly there. I put my phone back in my pocket and started walking to Pop's.