"I will wait for you"

Shion POV
"I will wait for you.." I mumbled as I saw Nezumi walk off into the distance. I looked down and realized I won't see him for a while. I fixed my coat and started to walk back to my home. As I walked I started thinking, "What if he never comes back.." I grabbed my hair trying not to think about it. I eventually got back to my house and walked by my mom without saying anything and I went to my room and just sat on my bed. I looked out the window and it was sunset. "So pretty.. just like Nezumi-" I stopped myself from continuing that sentence. I felt my face get hot slightly. Am I blushing? I put the pillow on my face and groaned. I really shouldn't think of Nezumi like that, we were just friends right? I groaned again. I changed into some comfortable clothes and tried to sleep. But I couldn't, I missed Nezumi too much already. I somehow eventually fell asleep.

Nezumi POV
I slumped down against a tree and sighed. I actually left Shion. But it was for the best. I mean I did promise we would reunite. Shion better not be killed or something before I come back. Shion is really a mystery however. Ugh, I really should stop thinking about him, it's just going to distract me from life. I looked to the side and saw the sunset, it was more pretty than usual. I smiled slightly and looked away. "Shion will open the window again for me if I come back." Wait- if? No I will survive no matter what to see him again. Then why did I leave him? I grab my head trying to stop thinking about him so I can sleep.

No one POV
Nezumi and Shion thought of each other as they slept. It would be a while until they meet again. Night passed fairly quickly and morning arose. This morning however, would be a doozy.

Shion POV
I woke up to hear loud knocks on the door. "I got it!" I heard my mother say. I yawned and got up and quickly took a shower and changed my clothes. I looked in the mirror and remembered how I got to look like this. I sighed again and went downstairs. I saw my mother talking to someone that looked pretty important? "Hi mom" I said and slightly waved. "Hey Shion, I have some good news for you." I was slightly surprised to hear that but oh well, it's good news. "What is it?" I said. "You are Shion correct? The one that took down the Correctional Facility? And helped the man that had a connection with the almighty spirit?" the important looking man said. I was speechless for a moment as I thought I was in trouble but I responded, "Uh.. yes I am." "Good, you and your mother need to come with me." He said. "W-wait what?" Did I seriously just stammer? Wow I'm stupid. "Come with me to my car, you are not in trouble, quite the opposite actually." he said again. "Oh.. um okay" I said. My mom stood up and opened the door. He walked out and me and my mom followed him into his very nice looking car. After a good 25 minutes we got out of the car and we were at the mayors place. "W-why are we here?" I said. The guy said, "You two will now be living here, since our mayor is gone and since you were the one Shion who helped the city, they agreed you be the new mayor. We would have made that other boy in charge but he is nowhere to be found. So, welcome mayor." I gasped. I can't believe this. This was a dream right? Me, being mayor of No. 6?! No way no way. "Is this.. really true?" "Of course" he said. I was almost going to cry but I didn't. Suddenly my mother spoke, "So does that mean we get to help rebuild the city?" "Of course" he said. He then went to his car and left. I was just left aghast. My mother walked up the stairs and I soon followed. This is going to be crazy.

Nezumi POV
I woke up to birds chirping and my rats on my shoulders asleep. I felt something in my hand so I opened my hand and saw a note. I opened the slip of paper and it read, "I still need that pay you know Rat" I laughed. Dog keeper still wants me to pay her after the incident. To be honest I hope one of her dogs doesn't try to find me. If I don't pay her she will literally kill me. Hah, like she could. I then randomly heard a 'bang' type sound not far near me. I quickly stood up and looked in the direction of where I heard that noise. I then realized that it was stupid fireworks, but it's daytime? You can't really see fireworks in the day. I decided not to worry about it and sat back down.

TO BE CONTINUED
————————————————————————
860 words!
That was the first chapter and this is my first fanfiction so sorry if it's bad 😅
~Mini-Chan~