Chapter V

(Y/N)'s PoV

"Annabeth Chase did this to you?"

Percy pronounced each word carefully as if he heard it wrong. "Y-yes.. Annabeth Chase."

He seemed to ponder about it, "Annabeth wouldn't do that.. unless.."

He looked at me, "Oh my gods, (Y/N), Annabeth is jealous of you." He mumbled, smiling idiotically.

I frowned, "And you're happy about that?"

He blinked, "In all honesty, (Y/N), I never really liked Annabeth. She was just a friend who stayed at my side. We know each other because of our parents."

A soft smile found its way onto his lips, "I'll go find the staff workers and see if I can change my timetable to match yours. I did say I will protect you, (Y/N)."

I felt my cheeks heat up, "You don't have to."

He huffed, "Nonsense. I'll be by your side."

I smiled a little at his comment, "Alright, Percy."

-•-

So that's how my life has been for the past 7 months.

Percy did keep his promise, saying he'd protect me from Annabeth, and when we have lunch together, she would glare at me and Percy would glare back at her. The entire table would watch them both stare down each other, and it was always Annabeth who lost.

I've had a better time with Percy.

He would take me to class, chat with me for the entire class period, and amazingly I learn more than when I'm actually paying attention.

I guess you could say that I have gotten into a closer relationship with Percy, but hey, he's still the hottest boy in school, and every girl wants to go after him. I can't blame him for not choosing me if another girl asks him out.

I was currently in the changing room, strapping on my swimsuit and prepping my goggles on top of my swimming cap. Yes, I'm in the swim team, courtesy to Percy begging me to join.

I went through the light shower and headed to the pool. Percy was already there, he had his swim trunks on, and he's uh.. shirtless.

I mean, I've been on the swim team for two months now, and I see him every time, shirtless. It's not a big deal, but every time I see him like this, I blush madly.

"Like what you see, princess?" Percy smirked, stretching his arms.

I grinned mischievously, "C'mon, Perce. Don't tell me that my beautiful body is worse than yours."

He laughed, "Point taken. Now, are you going to stand there like a dead fish or are you going to get ready to swim?"

I smirked, pushing him into the water, earning a surprised yell from Percy, "I'm sure I'm more than ready to swim, Jackson."

-•-

Percy whistled as he walked me home. "You know, you don't have to necessarily send me back to my house."

"I have all day. Besides, admit that you enjoy my company taking you back home." He grinned, but wincing as he got a nudge from me.

"I do enjoy your company, however, you're being a pain in the ass today." I teased him, and he pouted.

I laughed at his antics, "C'mon, Perce. I'm being serious. You know that I have the ability to walk home myself."

He straightened, "What if Annabeth comes and slaps you again? Heck, she could have a knife with her."