HEADACHES! You give me HEADACHES!

Drake's POV:

I noticed that I had my hand clenched on the collar of Josh's shirt, unknowingly. It was a loose, but desperate grip. I was a mere inches away from his face, staring into his glossy red eyes that still maintained the hazel undertones Josh always pointed out and admired about himself. I could tell from his red cheeks and wet skin that he had been stress crying. I can NOT believe that a girl as horrible as Mindy could make Josh feel so bad. Now, I was determined to never let another girl hurt Josh again. Call it bro code, or whatever you want.
I let the grip on his shirt go, but remained staring into his eyes, him quietly panting from the exhaustion of our argument. I suddenly had the feeling that I needed to be closer, I needed him to feel my physical care for him. He needs to know that I am on his side, not Mindy, that's the only way I'll get him away from her.
I drew closer, slower than I should have, probably, but I cant explain it. I mean... it just felt right. Like, I was only trying to make him feel better. I didnt care. Josh cares about gross things like hugging. So that's what I did. I wrapped my arms around the top of his shoulders and held tight. He paused for a moment, I'm guessing shocked at what I was doing, and that's when I snapped out of it. Just WHAT was I doing? I snapped away, in a instant, making our closeness disappear and replaced with nothing but distance.
I didnt speak.
I didn't do anything. I just darted my eyes around the floor of the room.
Josh shifted in his place, eventually just coming out with the question he must of been wondering this whole time.. and I guess I forgot to answer.
"So how are you gonna show me that I dont need her?"
I looked up, he looked like he was trying to erase whatever weirdness just went down, but obviously still tainted by the uncomfortable feeling in the air.
"I- I-m- I'm going upstairs. I'll tell you later" I stuttered and ran my way to the stairwell.
"Come on, Drake, hey you dont need to-" Josh's voice was drowned out by the even further distance that now was between us and the sound of my feet banging the wood below me.