Mahabharat: Chitralekha's Tale

Mahabharat presents the story of the throne of Hastinapur, the kingdom ruled by the Kuru clan where the Kauravs and the Pandavs brothers compete for rulership. Both Duryodhan and Yudhisthir claim to be first in line to inherit the throne. Duryodhan, younger than Yudhisthir, the eldest Pandav.

Mahabharat; a story of love, hatred, philosophies, dread, regret, anger, justice, injustice, power, insecurities, support, betrayal. In a true sense, Mahabharat is a story of life. The central idea to be noted is that Mahbharat presents all its character in a realism, much unlike to idealism. It presents the human nature and human life. Mahabharat truly is a story of demise and rejuvenation. And, it all started with a wish.

A wish of Satyavati. 

This is a story of a wish that Satyavati made. 

A story of an unbroken oath taken by Bhishma. 

A story of ambitions that a blind king had. 

A story of King's Pandu's curse. 

A story of revenge of Shakuni. 

A story of unsettled struggle between Kauravas and Pandavas. 

A story of woman, defeated by fate, had to marry five men. 

A story of a woman's tainted self-respect. 

A story of a child unwanted by his mother. 

A story of words spoken in ignorance. 

A story of unmatched wisdom of Krishna. 

A story of win of dharma over adharma. 

A story of Arjuna. 

It is a story of Mahabharata.

But with a twist. 

It is 2019 and Chitralekha Yadav is an archaeologist. One day, while searching at an archaeological site, she finds an ancient book. She feels drawn to it, as if the book is calling for her. Unknown to the rest of her team, she takes the book home. Upon doing more research, the book turns out to be titled 'Mahabharat', the first ever copy of Mahabharat written by Ved Vyas himself. Chitra knew of Mahabharat, every single verse, word by word. As soon as she opens the book, a bright light covers her entire horizon of vision and she faints. Waking up, only to find herself back in the past. 

One book. 

One journey. 

One path. 

Many questions. 

But no answers in sight. 

I, Krishna Vasu Yadav, invite you to join me in this journey filled with lust, ambitions, jelously, war, hatred, revenge, knowledge, oath, wisdom, dharma, adharma. 

But I must warn you first. Be prepared to face a journey you never have before, emotions you've never felt before.