Dude Relax!

So this oneshot is based on S1E4: Dude Relax! Basically Hiro can't relax and the others try to get him to loosen up. It was supposed to be fully fluff, but for some reason it turned into angst in the end. That happens sometimes. ~ DragonWasser

Beep –

'GUYS EMERGENCY WE GOTTA GO!' Hiro screamed, bursting into the living room fully suited up, grabbing his communicator and clicking it rapidly, 'NO TIME TO – '

Then he actually saw what was written on the communicator:

Crime Status: All's good!

Narrowing his eyes, Hiro clicked the communicator again –

Beep beep

'GUYS SUIT UP WE GOTTA GO – '

'Whoa, Hiro, chill out,' Wilbur said, walking in from the kitchen holding a tub of popcorn. 'It's only the microwave.' He stuffed a fistful into his mouth. 'Want some?'

Hiro half-heartedly reached for the popcorn and crunched on a few kernels.

It was Saturday afternoon, and mostly the Futuristic Four had been relaxing. Well, everyone but Hiro had been relaxing. Violet had been sitting cross-legged on the couch reading through a novel, Penny was playing with Bolt, and Wilbur had just made himself tub over tub of popcorn.

Hiro had just spent the whole day locked in his room trying to upgrade his suit to the max, checking his communicator every few seconds for a crime alert, and freaked out over the microwave beeping.

'We've went a whole week without crime alerts!' Hiro said, anxious, pacing around, 'And that is definitely not normal.'

'Enjoy it while it lasts,' Violet muttered, eyes still trained on her book.

'I mean, doesn't anyone at least think that something might be up?' Hiro asked again, running his mind through the possibilities. 'Do you think my communicators got broken or something? Maybe I should go check – '

Penny sighed, glancing up. 'Calm down, Hiro.' She gave him a small smile. 'I mean, this isn't bad. You should really take the time to relax.'

'Seriously? Relax?'

'Oh, come on,' Violet said, raising an eyebrow, 'you do know how to relax, don't you?'

Annoyed, Hiro threw his arms up. 'Who doesn't know how to relax?' he replied. 'It's just... I've never went so long without doing something productive.'

'You upgraded the entire building within the last few days,' Wilbur pointed out. 'As in, you added holographic design to every single room in this building so we can order food and stuff while relaxing in our rooms – '

'More importantly,' Violet cut in, throwing Wilbur a look, 'you fixed up our force field security system and helped Edna upgrade our suits.' She gave him a reassuring look. 'If anyone deserves a break, it's you.'

Hiro ran his fingers through his hair. True, he had done a lot within the last week. But it didn't really seem like enough. There was always another possibility that the security would be compromised, something in the tower would fail, someone would sabotage their tech... So he kept working. And now he was out of things to do, and still no crime for them to stop.

Maybe the others had a point.

'OK, sure,' Hiro said, 'I can probably relax for, like, one afternoon.'

'Great,' Wilbur grinned through a mouthful of popcorn, 'because that's exactly what we're gonna do.' Tossing another handful of popcorn into his mouth, he sauntered off to his room.