15

Your P.O.V.

I must have passed out at some point because I woke up with a start as the van I was trapped in hit a bump in the road. 

How long have I been in here?

I concluded it must have been a while as my stomach decided to make its hunger known. 

Ugh...not now...I really should've eaten a bigger lunch.

Not that hunger was my biggest concern. I had to figure out how to get out of this van before it stops. The biggest problem was that my hands were tied somewhere behind my back, I was gagged, and the van was pitch black. I struggled with the knot behind my back, trying to remember what dad had taught me about how to get out of tough situations. I didn't think it was that important but I never realized how much danger I was in as the daughter of an avenger and billionaire. 

I should've paid more attention...Just like me to ignore what's gonna end up mattering the most.

I eventually got the knot undone with much tugging and digging done by my thumbs. I held up my hand and even though I couldn't see them, I knew there was blood on my wrists. With my hands free, I got the gag out of my mouth and looked around.

Great...step one accomplished, now I just have to figure out where I am and how to get away...

------

Peter's P.O.V.

I started getting worried around 4:30 after texting y/n a bunch of times with no reply. I knew it was probably nothing but I figured I should call Mr. Stark just in case to see if she was with him. 

Tony: Hey Spiderboy, what's up?

Me: Is y/n with you? I haven't heard from her in a while and I'm starting to get worried. I know she was going to walk home after school.

Tony: You mean she's not with you? I don't think she ever came home so I assumed you two were hanging out.

Me: ...No I don't know where she is...do you know of a way to find her? I can't let her get hurt.

Tony: I put a tracker in her suit but I really doubt she has it with her...if anyone hurts my baby girl, I'll kill them.

Me: There has to be a way...Mr. Stark I can't lose her...I need her...

Tony: Me too kid, me too. She's everything to me. I'll do everything I can do to find her and I'll let you know if there's anything you can do but for right now just be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

Me: Ok...I've gotta get her back home safe...

Tony: I know Peter. I'm gonna get right on that. I'll keep you updated.

Me: Thanks Mr. Stark

I have to find y/n...I love her too much to lose her.

------

Tony's P.O.V

I put the phone down on my work table and put my head in my hands. 

How did I let this happen? How could I be so stupid? I have to find my baby girl before someone hurts her...

-------

Your P.O.V.

As I tried to stand up, I remembered something. 

My suit! I forgot I have the bracelets on. I can just call my suit to me and blast my way back home!

I felt on my wrists for the bracelets that would allow me to summon my suit. When I didn't feel anything other than the stick of semi-dried blood I started to panic.

Where are they?

The men who captured me must have taken them off me when they tied me up. Come to think of it, I couldn't feel my phone in my back pocket either. 

Before I could think about it too much, I felt the van stop moving and heard doors open up front. I crouched in the dark, right next to what I was pretty sure was the door, waiting for them to open it. When it opened with a jerk, I was about to jump out and attack my captors, only to find myself faced with five men, guns pointed at my head. I slowly stood up and put my hands up in defeat. I wasn't going to get away that easily. 

One man stepped forward and grabbed my arm, pulling me roughly from the van. I looked around, taking in my surroundings. I was in a warehouse/garage looking space. There was a big fancy garage door that was presumably where we had just come in. All around the van were crates and piles covered in tarps. The lead man dragged me away from the van towards a smaller but no less sturdy looking door as the other four men fell in step behind us. 

As we reached the door, one of the four stepped forward and typed a code into the high-tech key pad next to the door. The light at the top flashed green and he grabbed the handle, yanking the door back. The first man pushed me through the door, following me without ever letting go of my arm, and the others followed suit.

We walked a short distance down a dimly lit hallway with sturdy looking walls before turning left into a sterile white room that gave me the sense of being somewhere between an operation room and an office. On the far side of the room was another door which I was roughly shoved towards. Walking toward the door, I looked to the side to see a window in the wall. Through the window was another sterile white room with a large metal chair, complete with cuffs presumably to lock a person to the chair. It gave off a crappy horror movie torture device kinda vibe and I shuddered to think of what happened in that chair. We passed through the other door into yet another hallway lined with little cells. They put me in the 7th cell on the right, locked the barred door, and left. 

I heard their footsteps retreat and the door opened and closed a few seconds later. Now all I had to do was get out and find my bracelets. 

As for getting out, that proved to be a lot easier than I expected. Nat had taught me how to use two bobby pins to open a lock and ever since then I always carried two with me. I put them to use on the old padlock that was the only thing keeping the door closed. In a matter of minutes, the lock was laying on the ground and I was creeping towards the door I came in through. I grabbed the doorknob, hoping it wasn't locked.

Please be unlocked...Please.

I turned the knob and to my relief it twisted easily in my grasp. 

Yay!!

I was about to swing the door open when I thought better of it. I stood there for a few seconds with my ear pressed to the door, trying to determine if anyone was in the other room. Once I deduced that the room was probably empty, I turned the knob again and swung the door in, careful not to let it bang against the wall. 

I entered the room, eyes scanning, taking in everything to make sure I really was alone. Once I was satisfied that the room was completely unoccupied, I closed the door behind me and took a minute to gather myself. Now that I had time, I noticed more things about the room. There was a desk in the middle and the left wall was lined with shelves and file cabinets. The disorganization of the desk looked very out of place with how eerily sanitary the rest of the room was. 

Once I had gathered my thoughts, I stepped toward one of the cabinets, intent on finding my bracelets and phone. Seeing the cabinets were locked, I let out a sigh. 

I guess maybe they're in the desk? Hopefully.

I turned back to the desk and opened the first drawer. My search yielded nothing of interest so I looked through the others too. Nothing had turned up until I got to the last drawer. I opened it and to my surprise, my stuff was right there. I grabbed it quickly and shut the drawer. 

Now to get out of here...

--------

Hey guys! Sorry it's been such a long time since the last chapter. I've been really busy so I didn't really have much time to write. But here it is! My biggest after school commitment just ended so I will hopefully have more time to work on this now.

Love you guys!

-Maggie