Gods Will

His mother grabbed her hand as she cried.

But her? She didnt cry.

She didn't know how to feel, she wasn't sad or upset. Just nothing.

She's known him her entire life and now he's just gone.

She rubbed the silky black dress between her fingers nervously.

The church was full of loud sobbing and whimpers.

"He was too young. But it was gods will" The priest says.

There it was. The first spark of emotion. Anger. Gods will?

Chance never deserved this. He was kind and gentle. He deserved to live more than anyone in this

room. She wished she was the one to die. Screw gods will, Why would he take away one of the purest souls?

She couldn't do this. She shook off his mother's hand and stood.

This place was suffocating her. She rushed outside welcoming the fresh air.

"Couldn't stand those people either? With their fake cries and fake prayers," She jumped at Blakes's voice. Chances' best friend. He was leaning against the wall of the church, smoking a cigarette. 

"God's will? I could hear that bullshit from out here. Know what I think?"

He took one last hit off his cigarette before flicking it away.

"They say 'its gods will' because they are too scared to realize how fucked up and unfair our

world really is. Our god left a long time ago. Gave up on us all. Chance died because there is no

more god to keep us safe" He laughed bitterly.

"I don't even blame him for leaving. I would too" He says and walked away.