Ch. 31 Would you like to dance with me?

Aurora laughed happily when she and Lucas finished dancing to a song. Aurora breathes a little since all that spinning is tiring her out. Aurora turns her gaze to the snack bar as her eyes intently stared at the fruit punch, which Lucas noticed. 

" Hey, Aurora. If you want, I can get us some fruit punch. Do you want that?" Lucas politely asked Aurora. 

Aurora turns her gaze to Lucas, and she smiles at him. 

" I would love that. Thank you, Lucas," Aurora politely nods her head. 

Lucas nods his head as he started to jog towards the snack bar, leaving Aurora by herself on the dance floor. 

Aurora turns her head slightly to the left, and she blinks when she sees Riley and Farkle hugging each other by the second snack bar. Aurora frowns when she sees Farkle wearing a saddened expression. Aurora didn't know why, but her heart breaks when she sees her best friend looking sad. 

' Farkle looked so happy, earlier. Why is he sad?' Aurora worriedly asked herself. ' Oh! I know! I am going to ask Farkle to dance with me,' Aurora happily tells herself. 

Aurora walks towards Riley and Farkle. 

" Farkle!" Aurora happily calls out Farkle's name, which causes him to look at her. 

" A-Aurora," Farkle nervously calls out Aurora's name as he and Riley let go of each other. " What's wrong? Where's Lucas?" Farkle worriedly asked Aurora. 

" Lucas is at the other snack bar," Aurora points to Lucas, who is carefully pouring fruit punch onto a cup. 

" Oh," Farkle sighed in relief. 

' For a second, I thought the pretty cowboy ditched Aurora,' Farkle tells himself. ' I was ready to fight him since I don't want Aurora's feelings to get hurt,' Farkle looks at Aurora in the eyes. 

" Tired already?" Farkle curiously asked Aurora. 

" No. Are you?" Aurora asked Farkle. 

" No," Farkle smiles at Aurora. 

A sweet melody begins to play in the background. 

" Hey, Farkle," Aurora smiles at Farkle. 

" Yeah?" Farkle looks at Aurora. 

" Would you like to dance with me?" Aurora politely asked Farkle while she holds her hand out to him. 

Farkle's heart skips a beat when he hears that Aurora wants to dance with him. Farkle slowly turns his gaze to Riley since she is his date. 

" Go," Riley mouths out to Farkle while she smiles at him. 

Farkle smiles at Riley as he turns his gaze to Aurora. 

" Of course! I would love to dance with you," Farkle takes a step closer to Aurora as he puts his hand in hers, and they started to walk towards the dancefloor. 

Aurora happily guides Farkle to the dancefloor as they turned to face each other. 

Take my hand; take a breath. 

Farkle gently takes Aurora's hand into his as he nervously breathes since he is going to be dancing with his childhood best friend/crush.

Pull me close and take one step. 

Farkle gently pulls Aurora towards him as he takes a step forward.

Keep your eyes locked on mine. 

Farkle's blue eyes intently stared into Aurora's hazel-brown eyes.

And I let the music be your guide.