| Chapter 2 | Run

As soon as Namjoon was distracted, Jin fled the shop, telling Eun-Du he had to leave. He felt very guilty leaving the old and often tired lady to manage on her own, but he couldn't stand to be there any longer when the one that he pined for so much was heartbroken over another. At least, he thought, she wouldn't be able to hurt him like that again, and the hot chocolate would hopefully be a small comfort.

When his apartment came into view, he sprinted inside and slammed the door shut, leaning on it to catch his breath. What a day, he thought. As his breathing evened out and his mind slowly unscrambled itself, he became aware a pinlike sensation directed at him and yes, there was because there were two people staring at him.

On one side of the lounge room, Jimin looked up from a thick book about Indian dance styles and choreography, and from on the floor among a pile of papers with lines of music and pages of lyrics was Yoongi, deadpanning at Jin with annoyance.

"Are you alright, Hyung?" Jimin asked him with concern. Jin glanced at the child geniuses and nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just... wanted to get home quickly."

While Jimin nodded and accepted his vague explanation, Yoongi stared at him shrewdly. "What happened to make you slam the door loud enough to disturb me?" the boy lisped,  a little waspish. 

Wincing, Jin apologised for interrupting his flow. "I just met someone."

"Oh! Was it that sunbae..." Jimin trailed off, rubbing his head and messing up his hair.

"Kim Namjoon-sunbae," Yoongi put in without blinking.

"N-no..." Jin stuttered. "Make sure you're ready for dinner. I'll just..."

Ignoring the confusion in Jimin's eyes and Yoongi's far-too-intelligent gaze, he rushed to his room and shut the door. There were too many people asking too many questions, or perhaps just too many people. He did appreciate his friends, especially since they had helped him a lot with his insecurities, but sometimes, he just wanted the peace and comfort of being alone.

-

It was Monday and Namjoon was more confused than ever. On one hand, Ae-in's admission of cheating on him and the breakup sent him into bouts of depressed silence, but then he remembered the fairy-like boy and began wishing he could see him again. His friends noticed his behaviour at lunchtime and glanced at him until finally, one of them decided that now was the time to speak up.

"Namjoon-ah." One of his friends, Hoseok, finally interrupted his strange cycle of thoughts. "Are you alright?"

"Uh... What did you say?" Namjoon mumbled. He hadn't heard his friend and he knew he'd been acting strange, but he hoped no one would notice.

"You're acting strange," Hoseok told him bluntly. "Did something happen?"

Namjoon stared for a moment, trying to find the words to respond. "Ae-in-ah."

Hoseok squinted at him, while the rest of the table turned to him with interest. Finally, one of them spoke. "What about Ae-in-ssi?" It was Hoseok, his expression more concerned than the rest of the table combined, who seemed more excited about the gossip they were sensing right there.

"She... she broke up with me," he mumbled, unable to say more. Images of her began flashing through his head; of her laughing, smiling at him, saying 'I love you' and arguing with him over who should pay.

And then they changed and he realised that it had been a long time coming. He was still unsure how such a nice person could become such a cruel person, but he clung onto the memories with heartbroken desperation.