chapter one

DEHLANI ASANI

DEHLANI ASANI

"Get up lani." I heard.

"Maaaaaa.." I dragged.

I felt a hard slap to my butt.

"Fuck! I mean shoot!" I yelled holding my butt.

"I said get up." she said pointing at me.

"Okay." I said as she walked out.

I was about to doze off when she came in again. "Quit fucking playin with me Dehlani." My mom said.

"Okay." I said as i got up. I should've know she ain't leave when I ain't hear the door close all the way.

Getting out of bed , I walked out my room and to my brother Lano's room.

Walking in without knocking I seen him and this girl kissing. Tongue wars type shit.

"Lano , you be doing this shit early in the morning." I said and he smacked his lips.

"Girl shut yo ass up. It's 2:25." He said and I looked at his tv as the time showed it was 2:26.

"Awe , but what happened to destiny?" I asked as the girl he was kissing snapped her neck at him.

"Who the fuck is destiny?" She asked.

"Ion know , lani who is destiny?" He asked.

"That thick dark skinned girl with the long hair. She drove the black bmw that got the Betty boop seat covers on the—."

"Ight ight Damnn." Lano said as the girl stared at him.

"Who is destiny Delano!" She asked him again as I stood there crossing my arms with a smirk.

"Ion know who she talkin bout." Lano spoke as the girl got out of bed gathering all her things. She flicked him off before walking out.

KD walked in.

"Damnnn." KD said

"I listened to the whole thing." He said shaking his head eating popcorn.

Wait hold up.

"KD , I know yo ass ain't eatin my popcorn!" I yelled and his eyes went wide.

"These yours?" He asked.

"Yeah fuck nigga." I said. He handed me the bag. I snatched it before saying thank you.

He walked out. I stuck my hands in there and ain't feel shit but crumbs.

"Imma beat that nigga ass." I said.

"You so childish , why would you do that?" He asked.

"Umm because in the middle of the night I got thirsty and wanted some of my blue raspberry Fanta but I couldn't find it. Hmm I wonder where it went."

"Where was it?" He asked.

My eyes traveled to the left where the empty liter pop sat on his dresser.

He looked. "My bad." He said and I flicked him off.

"LANI YOU BETTER BE READY!" My mom yelled. Raising a brow I looked at Lano as he was putting his shoes on.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Dede and quan house. They having a cookout." Lano said and I nodded but ran because I know I wasn't tripping.

I could've sworn I heard my moms heals on the wooden floors.

Walking in my connected bathroom I began to brush my teeth and wash my face.

_____________________________________

Walking around the house , I found my best friend

"Bestieeee!!!" I yelled running and jumping on her.

"Hey girly." She said with a big smile. 

I was at the cookout chillin doing my thang. Inhaling , the smell of weed filled my nose. I guess Vonni smelled it too because she looked at me.

"The boys." We said in unison as we got up walking out the front. I walked to lano's truck knocking on the window.

He let the window down as smoke came out.

"Is that Vonni fine ass?" I heard KD. Vonni laughed. Hoe this nigga even see her with all dis smoke.

"Yes , it's Vonni KD." Vonni said and I laughed.

"Y'all packed like Mexicans. Who all in der?" I asked.

"Me , KD , quan , Dede just got in here , tino , Jayden , and Kentrell." Lano said.

I looked at Vonni.

"Who da fuck is kentrell?" I asked.

"My bro." Lano spoke.

I nodded.

"Hey hoes!" I heard from behind me. Turning around there stood Yani.

"Where the fuck them boys at!" My aunt asked.

"Kentrell better not be in there after he told me he don't smoke weed!" My aunt tommie yelled.

Everybody jumped out the car as she walked over. Me , Vonni , and Yani laughed.

"Kentrell you be lyin , talking bout "ion een like the smell of marijuana, why would I smoke it headass."" Aunt tommie said as I laughed again.

"Ain't shit funny." He said mugging me.

"Boy fuck you." I said.

"It's time for y'all to eat. Dede?" Aunt tommie spoke as all eyes went towards Dede as she was sprawled out on the ground.

"Which one of you niggas laced my shit."