a. blank space

a

: i did actually have other ideas for this chapter but then i saw the blank space music video and i was like omg i have to use some of the lyrics in a story, so i guess this is me doing that... please vote and comment if you enjoy this x

'cause, darling, im a nightmare dressed like a daydream

- taylor swift

|chinatsu|

when i stepped outside of my house it was raining, i put my long black hair into a messy ponytail and pulled up the hood of my thigh length parka coat in an attempt to keep my hair as dry as possible. i took a moment to thank god that i hadn't put on any makeup that morning, i was blessed with fairly clear skin and i didn't really mind showing up to school with slightly dark circles under my eyes. 

i put my headphones into my ears as i began the short walk to my friend holly's house. i took special care to avoid any puddles, so as not to step in them and ruin my little leather brogue shoes. 

i listened to my favourite album of the moment AM by the arctic monkeys, it had been my go to music pretty much since it came out. 

"hey nat! need a lift?" a voice shouted out of the window of a car which had just pulled up next to me, when i looked closer i saw that it was luke hemmings, the one and only.

"ive got to go and pick up holly and evie." i yelled back, the wind speed picking up making it hard to hold a conversation, meaning i had to walk over to his car.

"you'll never make it to holly's and then to school in time. and anyway, if you did you'd turn up looking like an actual puddle hun." he told me as his friend ashton in the back seat opened the door and motioned for me to climb in.

"fine." i huffed, not wanting to stand on the street arguing with luke, i knew he wasn't one to give up easily and i wasn't willing to stay there and be soaked to the bone.

i quickly texted both holly and evie to tell them i wasn't coming, of course they both wanted to know why but i thought id just save that for school.

"so nat, what made you think it was a good idea to walk to school in the biggest thunderstorm of the century." ashton laughed from beside me.

"it didn't look that bad." i exclaimed.

"nat. the rain is falling down in torrents, the wind is actually blowing trees over, roads are turning into rivers, its half past eight in the morning but the sky looks like it may well be half eight at night and you say it didn't look bad. wow, aren't you the optomist." luke told me from the front seat.

"very poetic hemmings." i grinned. "but, ill have you know im a realist, thank you very much."

i did not have a clue why luke hemmings had decided our relationship had progressed to a point at which he gave me lifts to school, however, on this particular day i wasnt going to complain. i arrived to school a lot dryer than i would have if i had walked, even if i had gotten a lift from holly's to school.

i quickly hopped out of his car shouting a quick 'thank you' as i made my way towards my form room.

i entered the classroom just as the teacher called my name from the register, i replied with a 'here miss' before making my way to my seat beside evie.

"where were you thismorning bitch." evie asked me slightly agressively.

"it was storming out there, so i got a lift." i told her calmly, evie had a tendany to be very dramatic and passionate about things, which was good seeing as she wanted to be an actress but bad when you got on the wrong side of her.

"who from?" she questioned, turning from bitchy spoilt girl to concerned mother wierdly quickly.

"luke hemmings." i mumbled under my breath. 

he liked to see himself as somewhat the school badboy, i wasn't really sure how he got this title as he had never been anything but polite and well mannered towards me.

"holy shit, he likes you." holly told me from the desk behind, obviously having listened to our exchange.

"he has a girlfriend." i shrugged.

"so, he's luke hemmings. he could date 67 girls at once and noone would give a fuck." she replied.

"i think when you say date, you mean sleep with." evie added.

"no truer words have ever been said." i laughed.

a

: so i know this chapter is short and doesn't really link to the lyrics at the start at all but still, i tried okay. chinatsu's outfit for this chapter is one the side x