Gone Fishing

Warning: Small wound. Also, my older writing/not proof-read.
He outstretched his tired limbs as he sprawled out on his back over the warm sands of the beach. His thick, navy blue tail sulked in the water. He weighed about 160, 000 pounds and was 60 feet long. He had many names: giant, whale, merman, beast. His real name was Krymeliosness. From his waist down, he had the body of a blue whale. From the waist up, he appeared human minus a dorsal fin on his back. He was a tan man from centuries of sunbathing. He had flowing, golden hair, bleached by the sun. He had navy eyes with two sets of eyelids on each eye. One pair was human, and one pair was clear that he used to swim through the water without damaging his eyes. He had a big mouth, mostly because he had many rows of shark-like teeth. They mad it easy for him to enjoy larger snacks, such as seals, dolphins, sharks, most whales, and humans.

He was known to take down boats and eat their living contents. Occasionally, houses that were built too close to the ocean found themselves in shambles, and their inhabitants were devoured. Currently, there was only one house left on his beach. The beach was still occupied by tourists, but whenever his presence was made, they stayed out of his way. Most people knew better than to stray near the man-eater, but others weren't so smart. Including, the young girl that began to skip away from the lively beach and towards the massive sea creature. She would argue that she wasn't dumb, just bored.

He eyed the perky demon. She would make a decent snack. She didn't have much meat on her, but she smelt tasty. Her long, black hair slapped against her back and her aqua bathing suit with every bound.

Krymeliosness heard a lady warn her not to go over there, but the young girl plainly said that she'd be fine with such confidence that it hurt his ego. She should watch what she says. She's the perfect size to swallow whole and alive. Man, did he love living prey. It was extremely cruel, but he enjoyed every moment of it.The terrified shrieks and the desperate wiggles were such an adrenaline and dopamine rush. He needed a boost, and he was quite hungry. Hunting had been hard since the humans had attacked him. He was still struggling to move through the water without reopening his wound.

"Hi Kry!" the young girl greeted happily. This human wasn't destined to just be another snack. As much as he wished he could eat her, some days more than other, she was a friend. A good friend at that.

"Greetings, Reese," he sighed.

"Whatcha doing?" she asked.

"I was relaxing," he grunted.

"Why'd you stop?" she asked.

"Someone was annoying me," he muttered bitterly.

"Who?" she asked.

"You're not the sharpest tooth in the jaw, are you?" he plucked up the girl in his hand, leaving her legs to wiggle in the air.

"Nope, I'm not a tooth." she smirked.

"Sure you are. You belong in my mouth after all." Her smirk disappeared as his smirk appeared.

"And this is why I ruin your relaxation," she huffed but quickly changed her disposition, "Where have you been? I missed you."

"I ran into a little trouble a few hundred miles down the coast," he informed her.

"What kind of trouble?" she challenged.

"The troubling kind," he stated plainly.

"Last time you got in trouble, you almost ate me, so..." she pursed her lips.

That's how they met. He had been attacked near the beach, and he was starving. He had been so relieved when she had approached him. He was so close to reaching her. So close to food, to sustenance. Enough to hold off the gnawing in his stomach for another day. Enough to give him a little more strength to move. But she had deprived him of such by standing a foot away. He had tried to coax her to come close, but she wasn't dumb. Just naive. She didn't lack judgement. Her judgement was merely clouded by her kindness and innocence sometimes.