Payback

Taking in a sharp breath I looked at Nobunaga with a serious look. "I'm from 500 years in the future" his facial expression didn't change and I'm not sure if that was a good thing or not. "Then how did you get here?" Nobunaga tilted his head. I blinked and thought about cleaning my eyes for a split second. 'He actually looked kind of cute just then'

I pushed away the thought and began to explain what Sasuke had told me. "I see so this thing you call a worm hole is what led you to save from the fire?" he asked. I smiled and nodded happy that he was able to understand what I was saying. "So you really believe me?" I probably looked like I was about to cry.

"I do. The language you speak is no doubt my own but it feels different. Besides your clothing was really bizarre" he said as if recalling that night we met. "Hey! What I was wearing was completely normal where I come from" I crossed my arms and huffed. After a second I gasped, "My bag!" I looked around patting my kimono.

"You mean that thing?" Nobunaga looked towards the balcony we were on not long ago. My purse was on the floor. "Ah!" I scurried to get it and opened it up making sure there was nothing missing. "Is that what bags look like 500 years in the future" I let Nobunaga take it from my hands as he inspected it.

"It's quality is simple but very well made" he seemed impressed and I forgave his back handed comment. "Are they usually so heavy" he weighed it in his hand. "No that's just the added weight of my phone and stuff" I shook my head. "What's a phone?" he asked looking curiously at me.

"I'll show you" I took the bag from his hands and showed him my phone. He took it and began inspecting it. It was odd seeing him glow with child like wonderment. I had been so nervous earlier and rightfully so, but talking about where I'm from makes me happy. It reminds me that it is possible to return.

"Mm" his shoulders jumped a little when his face was blinded by the brightness on my phone. Turning it away from his eyes I chuckled scooting closer to him no longer as scared. "Wow it must still have battery, it won't work like it's supposed to since there are no cell towers" I mumbled grabbing it and turning down the brightness.

Nobunaga got closer to me to look at my screen. "Is that you? That's really detailed who drew it?" he peered at my wallpaper. "It's not a drawing it's a photograph. It captures a moment in real time. That one is of my friend and I" I slid it over to where there weren't too many apps over the photo. It was of me holding up a drink and my friend kissing my cheek while shooting a peace sign.

"Ah I know, would you like to take a picture Nobunaga?" I smiled up at him. "We can take one now? How?" I chuckled again at his want to learn everything he could. "Here let's go outside, better lighting" grabbing his hand I pulled him up and outside.

"Mm here hold up your hand like this" I put his hand into the cheesy peace sign and got next to him with the same pose. Extending my arm and switching to selfie mode I leaned in closer to fit the both of us since he was taller. "Say cheese" I smiled closing my eyes and clicking the button.

"Wha!" The sudden warmth on my cheek took me by surprise and I almost dropped my phone. I looked at Nobunaga who was standing there with a confused look. "Did you just- kiss me?" I touched my cheek my face growing beet red.

"Isn't that what I was supposed to do? The other picture was like that" he looked at me as if my reaction had been strange. "No! Geez" I sighed and looked down at my phone. "Ah..it actually came out good" I walked back over to him and showed him the picture. I was smiling wide while Nobunaga placed a kiss on my cheek but still looked at the camera. We looked like a couple.

"That's incredible" he took the phone from my hands a large smile growing on his face. "Can we do another?" he handed it back to me. "Alright but no kissing okay" I gave him a playful pat. For a few minutes we took an endless array of pictures of us and the things around us.

"What's that?" Nobunaga clicked my phone and a familiar melody came flowing out. His face lit up and I couldn't help but stare as Goodbye my love played quietly. I had forgotten about that song being in my phone, I played it on repeat after me and my ex broke up earlier this year.

"What is this?" He asked looking happily amused. "It's music. In the modern age everything is done digitally. Like here you'd probably have to go somewhere to here someone sing but in the future we download the music. So you can play it whenever you want and for as long as you want" I showed him other songs and he seemed content with all of them.

I showed him videos that I had taken during my vacation to Europe and a few photos on what Japan looked like. "So peace does exist" he stared at the smiling faces of my family and friends. "Yeah it does. I hope you can understand now why war scares me so much. I was born in a time where that wasn't necessary. It's still far from perfect but it's safe" I smiled fondly remembering my time.

"Oh" Nobunaga let out as the screen went black. "The battery must have died. I wonder if the pictures will still be there when I get to the present" I began to think about scrapbooking some for fun and to remember my time here.

"That's right you're going to return" Nobunaga looked away and his happy looks faded. "Hey Nobunaga?" I called setting down the phone. "Hm?" he hummed and looked over to me. I gave into my moment of weakness and placed my hand on his cheek. He gave me a bizarre look as I kissed his other cheek. My ears burned, "Pay back" I mumbled.