Modern Day Solutions

"Momma" I looked down to see my son tugging at my kimono. "What's wrong sweetie?" I picked him up and squeezed his cheek. "I miss daddy" he said tears brimming his eyes. I furrowed my brow, "What do you mean? Daddy is right here" I turned to my side to look at Nobunaga who had been reading a book next to me.

I screamed as the once sunset lit room was set ablaze. "Nobunaga? Nobunaga!" I yelled seeing him on his knees in the middle of the flames. "Banshee" he called out to me but a dark shadow fell over him and then he fall to the ground as he was consumed by flames.

"Nobunaga!" I was about to run into the fire when a shriek grabbed my attention. "Momma! Help me" I turned in time to see my son lying limply on the floor a bloodied blade next to him. "No! No! Noooooo!" I grabbed the blade and with a shaky hand stabbed my self in my chest.
~

I screamed like someone in a horror movie as I clawed at air. "Banshee, Banshee what's wrong? Hey look at me!" strong hands grabbed my face and my eyes snapped open. "Nobunaga!" I yelled throwing my body around him. I cried into his shoulder while he stroked my hair trying his best to calm me down but the images burned like fire in my head.

"Hey what's wrong?" he hushed as I calmed down enough. "Don't die Nobunaga" I whimpered my hands shakily grabbing his face. "Promise me you won't die. Not for a thousand years, don't ever die. Don't leave me behind" I couldn't contain myself and I began to weep again.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Nobunaga lifted my chin and dried my face. I nodded looking at his blurry image. "Well I don't think I can promise that I'll never die. Devil is only a title you know? But I promise to live as long as you do and to always be at your side" I smiled at his attempt at lightening the mood.

"Okay" I sniffed "Promise" I held up a shaky pinky. He looked at it curiously, "It's a pinky promise. The most powerful promise you can make and if you break it you have to swallow a hundred needles!" I gave him the most serious look imaginable. He smiled and wrapped his pinky around mine, "I promise" he kissed my forehead gently.
_

Years passed since that night and I am still at Nobunaga's side. Something's have changed like the fact that we're married and most recently..

I smiled at the doctor and held my stomach. "Then I really am...?" the doctor nodded his head with a sincere smile. "Congratulations, Lady Banshee" he bowed his head and began to pack up. I stayed in my room touching my belly and giggling with happiness.

"How should I tell him?" I began to ponder when and how. "What if you tell him modern day style?" I jumped as a familiar voice came from behind me. "Sasuke!" getting up I ran to hug my long time buddy. "Why do you still insist on using the roof? The Oda and Uesugi-Takada have been at peace since Kennyo was imprisoned" I let him go and began to make tea. "Practice" he shrugged and waited patiently for me to sit down.

"So what do you say?" Sasuke asked with a smile. "I think it's a great idea. Then how about this-" we began to plan the surprise. Our modern day baby announcement slowly came together within the next few days.

"You really out did yourself for just a dinner party" Nobunaga said looking at the feast of food and decorations. "Trust me it's perfect. Woo I'm pumped" I kissed him and then pulled him along with me to the front gate. Our guests began to arrive in a steady stream. Masamune, Hideyoshi, Mitsunari, Mitsuhide, Ieyasu, Sasuke, Yukimura, Kenshin, and Shingen.

We all sat and ate passing around the sake which I avoided like the plague. "Banshee" Sasuke called me over and I excused myself. "I was able to make a makeshift charger" he handed me my phone which now had a full battery. "You really are amazing Sasuke" I gave him a quick hug and grinned.

"Okay can I have everyone's attention?" I called as everyone settled down even Kenshin paused in drawing his sword. "Okay as Sasuke and I said a long time ago, we are not from this time" during the treaty talk we decided to reveal ourselves to our friends. We were met by a bit of skepticism but they all believed us after Nobunaga backed up our story.

"This device is called a cellphone or phone, one of its functions is to take pictures" I noticed Nobunaga perk up when he saw my phone. Probably remembering the night we spent being absolutely stupid. "It's like drawing a picture except it captures a moment in real time, for example" I opened my camera and aimed it at the table. A flash appeared making them all flinch well except Sasuke and Nobunaga.

"See" I gave my phone to Nobunaga so he could pass it around. "This is incredibly detailed" Hideyoshi awed. "So that's what my hair looks like" Mitsunari began to tug at his hair. "Hey wait I'm blinking in this one!" Shingen grabbed the phone and looked closer. "Yeah my bangs look weird too" Hideyoshi frowned and also began to play with his hair.

"Guys that's not the point" I tried saying but they were all consumed by technology. Even Nobunaga was enveloped by it. I sighed and began to laugh. "Alright that's enough" a ninja of moderate awesomeness stepped in taking the phone away from their hands.

"Thank you Sasuke" I smiled as he placed the phone back in my hands. "As you can see it's a very effective way to capture a moment, so in the spirit of this evening I would like to take a photo of you all" I motioned for the part of the room I left empty for this very reason.

"So pick whatever pose you think looks the coolest and stand over here" they each began to choose a pose and stood side by side. "It's like the last supper" Sasuke whispered in my ear causing me to laugh. "Oi" Nobunaga shot Sasuke a dangerous look and Sasuke took a few steps away from me.

I rolled my eyes and let Sasuke take the photo. "Oh I forgot to say when taking pictures it's a custom to say things like, CHEESE. Are you ready?" Sasuke turned the camera from photo to video and began recording.

"Just take the picture already Sasuke" Yukimura sighed. "Alright, say cheese!" they all recited together, the word causing their mouths to turn into a smile. "Oops that one came out blurry. Let's take another" Sasuke backed up a bit. I was trying hard to contain my smile as Sasuke called for them again.

"Ready? Aaaand say Banshee's pregnant!"

"Banshee's pregnant!" Mitsunari beamed alone while the rest turned to look at me with slacked jaws. Mitsunari blinked and frowned, "Wait...oh my!" he finally caught on and looked at me with glee. "Really?" Nobunaga's voice was practically a whisper. I smiled widely and nodded, "You're gonna be a father Nobunaga" I placed a hand over my stomach.

He stared at me for a long while before finally cracking a smile. He held his arms out and I gladly jumped into them. He spun me around and hugged me tightly. Kissing his cheek he let me down. "Did you get it Sasuke?" I asked walking over to him. "Got it all" he began to replay it over. Hearing their voices coming from the phone they all gathered around. It was official, technology was too much for their warlord minds.

I watched them interrogate Sasuke about the mechanics of my phone and what other crafts we have in the modern day. Nobunaga wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into his chest. "I love you" I said to Nobunaga snuggling into my favorite place, his arms. "I love you both" he kissed my forehead and bent down to my stomach.

Let me tell you a secret only I know about the Devil of the 6th Heaven my unborn love. He loves forehead kisses, although I have a sneaking suspicion you'll be finding that out soon.