i. ;; before the storm

"A strange series of murders has been taking place all around Tokyo.."

The television blared in the background, overpowered by the sound of moans that filled the room. A small man with a messy mop of green hair was positioned over a half-suited man with balding black hair, his suitcase discarded to the side of the bed, as well as his pants and underwear. The smaller man was completely naked in the dark room, wearing only a single garter on his right leg.

"..They have been dubbed the "Sparrow Killings", as the suspect has been found to leave a singular feather at the scene.."

The smaller man groaned loudly, riding his partner enthusiastically and eliciting a few moans from him as well. "I'm- I'm close.." The suited man groaned, hands holding the green-haired man hips as he bucked his own upwards.

"..The last murder occurred in a high-end hotel in Shinjuku, where a salaryman by the name of 'Omori Michio' was found murdered with a single gunshot to the head and a single feather on the victim's abdomen.."

"Me too.." The smaller man moaned, bouncing faster and harder, both of their moans filling the room for some moments, until the suited man bucks upward one last time, and as fast as lightning, the smaller man pulls a silenced pistol from his garter, and shoots a bullet point blank into his partner's head, blood and brain matter coating the clean, white pillows.

"..The local authorities assure us that the situation is under control, however it has been found that there are no current suspects. We advise citizens to be careful as the authorities investigate the murders further."

The smaller man finishes, huffing on top of the almost-lifeless body for a moment before pulling himself off and walking into the bathroom to shower.

...

The green-haired man stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in a whole new outfit and his backpack hung over his arm. Before he exits the room, he unzips the front pocket of his backpack and places a single feather over the man's chest, and then walks out of the hotel room, locking it behind him. He takes a back exit and leans against the brick wall behind him, pulling out his phone. The man dials a number and pulls his phone up to his ear.

Ring.

Ring.

"What?"

"Sparrow here. Michio's taken care of."

"Ah. Yes, of course. Payment will be delivered shortly."

Genji hangs up after that, shoving his phone in his pocket and walking off down the dark alley just as sirens approached in the other direction.

Another job done.