Dreams

I open my eyes slowly and yawn. I smell pancakes and bacon. I set up and rub my eyes. I look around and see family pictures on the wall. I get out of the nice queen bed with white sheets. I open the door of the bedroom and walk out. I hear talking and sounds of dishes down stairs. I walk down stairs feeling my fingertips slide down the side of the stairs as I go down. I turn the corner and see Rick in the kitchen with Carl and Judith. "Mommy!" I hear as I walk in the room. A little girl with ocean blue eyes and brown hair runs into my arms.

I head over to Rick which were flipping the bacon. He turns around and kisses me. "Lacey has been so excited for you to get up." He smiled.

Soon breakfast was ready and we were all at the table. I picked up my fork and noticed a diamond ring on my ring finger. It was beautiful, life was beautiful. We sat at the table talking. Judith looked older along with Carl. Then Lacy flicked egg at Carl. "Lacy Averie Grimes!" Rick scolded. I laughed along with Carl and Judith. Then Judith joined and threw egg at Carl.

"Mom, dad? Are you just going to let them do this?" Carl groaned while trying to avoid getting food thrown at him. Rick and I just laughed.

"Our children are such dorks" Rick said before he kisses me.

____________________________________
I wake up confused. What was that? If only it was real. There's no chance in this world that life would be like that. I get up and get dressed. I walk out to find Rick. He said he would take me with him to take Carol away. I walk outside and see him by the car we are taking. He smiled as I walked towards him. "You are a sight for sore eyes." He said as I approached him. "Your in a good mood." I raised my eyebrows and pecked his lips.

"Just complementing a beautiful women that I'm proud to call mine." He said while putting a bag in the back of the car. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "You are so cheesy." I said while putting my arms around him neck. He shrugged his shoulders and kissed me. He then started kissing all over my face. I couldn't stop laughing at this point. I knew we were getting glares but I didn't care. Once he got done I kissed his lips and got in the car. Carol got in the back and we were ready to set off.

The car ride is silent. I couldn't stop thinking of that dream. Would Rick want a child with me if we were in a safe place? Could life be like that one day? Once we arrived at the neighborhood we got out of the car to look around and get supplies before we say goodbye to Carol.

We decide to all go into one house at a time so we don't get lost without each other. I had my gun in my hand ready to go along with Rick. Carol had her knife. Rick nodded at us to proceed checking the house. Walked into the dining room. I checked the cabinet and found wine. Alcohol is pointless when the world is ending. But some people would rather drink their sorrows than be in this world.

I closed the cabinet and headed to the kitchen. There was cans in the first cabinet I looked in. Carol continued the rest of the kitchen. Rick and I heard a noice upstairs and called Carol over. A door by the stairs opened and a young couple came out. I raise my gun and aimed at them. The had their hands up in surrender.

"Woah ......woah, we're cool, we're cool." The man said "We got fruit. The lady said while showing us the peaches in her hand. "Yeah, we got apricots, peaches. Here catch. The man said while tossing a peach. "Or not." He said when the peach bounced past us. Rick puts his gun down. I lower my gun and we let the couple come downstairs.

The lady had a limp and the man had a hanging shoulder. They look like they are in pretty bad shape. We decided to help them out and see what we can do and maybe bring them back home.

Carol helps the man with his shoulder "How'd this happen?" She asks.

"Greenhouse around the corner." He answered.
"We we're looking for a place to crash. The roof has been broken so it has been getting rain, so it's full of fruit. We were there for about a day and then the skin-eaters showed up." The last explained to us.

The man then began to laugh. "Killjoys, man. Jackin' it up for the whole world. I thought everyone was an asshole before this all went down. You know I love people.... well people who are alive." He then explained acting a little nervous.

Carol then asked him again. "How did it happen?"

I rolled my eyes at the fact that he wouldn't stop talking and just answer our questions. He explained to Carol how the walkers got in and chased them out and he got in glass and took the pieces of glass out but it still hurt. Carol explained how it was dislocated and how to pop it back in. Carol told the man to lay on his back so she could fix his dislocated arm. Rick and I watch as Carol pops his arm back into the socket.

The man gets up and Rick asks a few questions about after the greenhouse. They explained that they came to this house and stayed up stairs for a few days. They had guns. But they said it would take about five or six bullets to take one of them down.

"What about knifes?" I ask.

The man scoffed. "To what? Stab it in the head. We got separated from our group about a week ago. Been trying to play it safe since it's just the two of us." He answered.

"I have to with my leg. We were at a refugee center and there was a fire. People were just trampling over me. Sam saved me. We didn't know each other before all this. It didn't heal properly but it healed. And we found each other, it was worth it." She said while rubbing Sam's back. I raised my eyebrows debating taking these people with us.

They then notice we look nicer than people that are out all the time. They ask us where we are set up at. Rick then says something about how they call them skin-eaters and we call hem walkers. Rick looks at me and I nod to let him ask the three questions.

Rick asks the questions and they answer honestly. Rick tells them where the prison is and gives them his watch for the time. He promised them we would be back in a couple of hours. He alarms them about the flu in the prison but they seem fine about it. They wanted to help us by going back to the greenhouse.

We leave the house and go down a different street to another house. We clear the first floor and move on to the second. While Rick and Carol clear the second, I look for supplies in the first floor. I go through cabinets and everything and find only a few small things that will help us in the future.

Once we finished up it was time to get the other two. We walked into the neighborhood and first saw a basket of fruit in the floor. We walked closer and opened a white gate. There was a leg right by the gate. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth in shock as I realize the leg had the same compass tattoo that the girl had. It was her leg. I looked forward to see walkers eating the girls body. "We should get back, Sam's probably waiting." Carol states.

We then wait in the same house we met them in for a few minutes just in case Sam would come back. Once we wait, we figure he isn't coming back. We walk outside and start getting Carol's car ready for her. We give her fruit and a few guns with extra clothes. He has stuff to last her weeks until she finds a place to settle down. I listen silently as Rick and Carol have a little argument about everything. I can see that Rick doesn't want to send Carol away. I don't want to either. She's a good person and I under stand she wanted to help. I hugged her along with Rick. She gave Rick her watch before getting in her car. We both watch as she drives off. We might not ever see her again.

Rick and I get into our car and drive off silently.
All I wanted to do was dream again.

(Edited)