Sincerely, K - Album Review

Indie music is often a hit or miss on the market. In the case of debut artist Kinley Price, we have a hit on our hands. Sincerely, K is a raw album full of passion and lyrics that leave us aching for more.

The album's first track, Think I Might, introduces her work with steamy lyrics, backed by stunning vocals and stellar riffs. Price handles mature content with elegance, hitting home with what it means to be young with eyes wide open. That said, all traces of naivete are eliminated with The Worst as she opens up about her experiences with failed relationships and learning how to grow.

The album begins and ends with songs about love and sex, searching for a connection in a world that seemingly lacks true intimacy. I had the pleasure of interviewing Kinley Price shortly after the release of her album, and the full transcript of our telephone conversation is linked below.

[attachment: view transcript]

Q: Kinley! It's so nice to speak with you! How are you doing tonight?

A: Amazing. No, that's putting it lightly. I'm thriving, honestly.

Q: Do you have any plans for this evening?

A: Yep! Warner Records is hosting a party to celebrate new releases. It's surreal.

Q: I bet. How has your life changed after the release of Sincerely, K?

A: I moved out of my apartment, if that's what you mean. I'm living in LA now, in a place with no rats!

Q: What was it like leaving New York?

A: Weird. I've been an East Coast gal my whole life, but I love LA so far.

Q: Have you been writing new songs lately?

A: Of course, I can't imagine going a day without jotting something down.

Q: What was your favorite song to write on the new album?

A: That's not fair! I have no idea! Maybe Junkie? I loved them all.

Q: I don't blame you, they're all fantastic. Can we expect a tour from you?

A: No clue. Maybe I'll take it up with my manager.

Q: Please do. Are you excited about your party?

A: More like terrified. Here's hoping it goes well.

Q: Good luck!

A: Thanks! Thank you for having me.

Q: Thanks for being here.

[close attachment]

There you have it, folks— Kinley Price is just as sweet as you'd expect. Even outside of the spotlight, she's real and down-to-earth. I'm sure all of us can't wait to see where she goes next.

Follow OfficialMusicUpdates for more posts like this!