|9|

Mama
Sorry I couldn't make it home before your flight
Text me when you land and we can talk about the news over the phone

"I've never seen him even hang out with Jaemin. Where did this come from? Has he been seeing him behind our backs?"

I listened closely as Injoon and Siyeon talked about the bomb Jeno dropped on all our heads. I don't know why I chose to sit next to them but I also knew Injoon wouldn't miss a moment to talk about Jeno coming out the closet.

When Siyeon said something pointless, I put my headphones in and started blasting music to sleep to. We had one stop before we continue flying straight through and my goal is to not even be awake during that stop. I know it seemed not so "guy trip mood" of me, but anything other than hearing Injoon make out with Siyeon seemed great.

14 HOURS LATER

American air smells different I must admit. Slightly cleaner and less crowded. Maybe I shouldn't speak so much before leaving the airport. Despite being so far from home, I was actually excited. I didn't die on the plane and I slept a good enough amount to stay up all night. This week is going to be-

"Sisi! Get your damn bag and stop acting like this is some reality tv show!" I looked at Injoon and Jeno who was pointing at my suitcase that was toppled over on the floor. "Look at this kid. Suddenly he's a natural born American."

As I approached them, they laughed at me and teased. Siyeon even joined in which made me roll my eyes. I know I told myself I forgave her but sometimes I still get flashbacks on how she fucked me over. It makes me even more upset that Injoon was willing to put that all aside the moment he got to know her.

"The hotel rooms aren't assigned for boy and girl sleeping. Maybe we can talk to our roommates and hopefully one of them budge?" Siyeon tapped his nose while softly talking into his ear. Injoon gave her a look of lustfulness and I swear I almost puked.

Jeno looked at me and pointed a finger in his throat before gagging. "Well, Lucas and I are fine with whatever room we are assigned to. Right, Lucas?" I nodded proudly.

"My students!" We all looked at the teacher and the travel director who stood in front of everyone at the baggage claim area. "The bus is out front. Please take your suitcases and load them on. We'll be leaving the airport and heading to the hotel in thirty minutes. If you get left behind there are other ways to find transportation. Just ask a foreigner."

Chenle stepped up with his backpack on and suitcase trailing behind him. "Aren't we the foreigners? And some of us don't speak English."

I looked over at him and smiled. "Then don't be late."

The five of us walked out of the airport and to the charter bus out front. I tried my best to stay indulged in the conversation that my friends were keeping up, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Hendery and Dejun. I'm surprised Mark didn't go but then again, his parents were always taking him out the country during the summers. America was probably nothing to him.

Injoon nudged my shoulder as he caught onto me staring Hendery down. "Are you ever going to acknowledge Hendery or you guys are going to act like you didn't stay the night at his house?"

"He told me not to tell anyone but he told fucking Yewon. I think I'm being tricked again. Maybe he's going to embarrass me like Mark did. Maybe he's bullying me. Is this a form of bullying?"

Injoon's face dropped with boredom. "Lucas, stop being over dramatic and stop overthinking. Hendery is an asshole. We all know that. Maybe you should stop entertaining his shenanigans."

"Come on! Everyone on the bus! The sooner we get loaded then the sooner we can eat!"

I got roomed with some kid named Haechan. Right next to me is Yewon and some other girl. Haechan kept looking at me like I was some idol and it was quite irritating. I glared at him out the corner of my eye as he smiled while clinging onto his backpack straps. "Is there something you want to... say?"