Letters to Dad(s)

Anakin grunted, moving yet another cardboard box, with who knows what inside. His mother was anything but neat. He was up in the attic, searching for some pictures that she had left somewhere, in some photo album, located in some distant, dusty corner of the attic. Rey had told her son that she wanted the photos so that she could lay them out along the walls of the church during the wedding ceremony. He looked in just about every spot, the search seemed hopeless. He spun around a little too fast, knocking over a box in the process.

"Shit" He thought. "Another thing to clean."

As he knelt down to the ground and started to clean the mess he made, he noticed an odd item out of the corner of his eye. It was a small, well-worn, leather-bound journal. He picked it up, examining the pages. His eyes fell upon a very specific page, just inside the cover.

Property of Rey Niima

1979-1980

If found, please return to the Millenium Inn

Anakin gasped. 1979? He was born in 1980, which could only mean one thing. This must be the diary his mother kept the year she was pregnant with him! There must have been some answers about his parentage in here. He leafed through the pages, scanning them for any hints of his father.

Another exciting night! Finn took me to his concert and we danced the night away. I had so much fun, swaying to the music, getting lost in his eyes. One thing led to another and...

What a night! Poe took me sailing on his ship, the "X-Wing" . We spent the whole evening looking up at the stars, cuddling each other on the boat. BB-8, his loving dog, was so sweet today. He really made the entire day memorable. The three of us ran aroung on the beach in the morning, throwing around the frisbee. As we layed on the ship, cozy as ever, one thing led to another and...

WHAT A NIGHT!!! Ben took me dancing in the plaza, it was so romantic. He took me to the finest restaurant, with the best greek food on the island. We went back to his studio cottage, put some records on and just talked. It was so nice. Well, I may be lying. We didn't only talk, one thing led to another and...

So this is it, Ben thought. He had finally found the missing piece of the puzzle. He decided right then and there, that he would mail each of them an invitation to his wedding. He wasn't sure that any of them would show up, but by god, was he determined to try. After all, he wanted to feel like he was complete before his wedding, like he knew where he belonged.

He packed up the rest of the content of the box he knocked over, keeping the diary in his hand. He walked over to his room and picked up a few sheets of paper and his calligraphy set his mother gave to him, and went outside to write the letters.

When Anakin finished up the invitations, he sealed them in three manila-white envelopes and adressed them.

One for Finn, the lead singer of the famed band, Rebels.

One for Poe Dameron, legendary adventurer.

And one for Ben Solo, New York City's most succesful lawyer.

He took a deep breath, slowly letting the letters slip through his fingers into the mailbox.

Now all he had to do was wait.

A/N
I'm sorry if this chapter seemed a tad bit rushed, I'm just kind of excited to get to the dad's reunion with Rey. I promise it will get better
- @marblerose_